Undead Instruments : TimeFrog III

Hi guys…just a shout about this incredible midi instrument…landed at my pod 2 days ago!

It is crazy - it is evil - it is for something weird and sometimes unpredictable…but it is not documented at all-----just few words on a 10 pages manual…and crappy videos showing the craziest stuff without having a cue to learn something…
http://www.undeadinst.com/products/timefrogiii

I feel so lucky having Elektron’s manuals !!! ahahahhaa!

Anyway…I hope someone in the Forum has one too and wants to chime in with his discoveries on this crazy french piece of gear.

P.S.
I gave to mine the name of Agalykni :heart:

That looks mad. Did you try the software plugin bit? Maybe you can edit stuff there… The little disk looks like fun. :slight_smile:

Software plugin??

Where??

Sorry I think I’ve misinterpreted this whilst scanning through…

“Most important hardware evolutions relies on hardware plugins ability” :\

Also the video shows software but I realise now its just a soft synth/sample player being sent midi. It does look more like an editor to me tho.

Sorry bout that. Hope you suss it out.

Do we know how much this crazy little bastard is?

@Chinchilia, I’ve paid it €300 plus 25 for shipping France>Italy.

The TFIII is just a MIDI messages (notes/cc) emitter.

But it can make boring loops more evolving and crazy…it is a tough beast though. Because the lack of documentation and similar…

The owner’s manual is poor =(

I’m guessing it’s everyso slightly similar to the Future Retro Zillion? But obviously different…

just a bit similar…the Zillion is for generating melodies on 1 track.

Something you can do also on TFIII. But with 4 tracks plus CC messages.

Anyway it is more oriented for probability behaviour and a-rhythmic composition

1 Like

http://www.undeadinst.com/products/timefrogiii/timefrogiii?set_language=en&cl=en

"The TimeFrog3 is basically a MIDI instruments, you can use it as controller or sequencer to drive a MIDI compliant fx processor.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Regarding the delays, it take a few days to finalize assembly and test device, then shipping is generally 2 days for US.

Regarding custom developments, it relies of course on the amount of work.

In the case you have a device - say a multi fx controllable by MIDI, you can either

• use a timeFrog to control/sequence it (MIDI mapping is really easy)

• use a timeFrog with a custom firmware to match exactly your needs - it needs some specifications from you, the extra charge will be about 100-200€ depending on the complexity

• it is always possible to developp a specific hardware, it needs a complete specification and can take few monthes - of course it is difficult to announce the price of a such development

Anyway I am open to discuss and help you chosing the solution that fits your needs"

• Kick-ass Rep
1 Like

This was in response to my specific questions of Frog’s use. Neat and affordable midi instrument; I look forward to pairing it with a Zynthian

1 Like

Hey There! Nice to see someone using it. Which firmware are you running on it?