Unable to Recreate Kick Preset

Hey everyone!

So I’ve been trying to use my A4 for synthesizing some analog percussion sounds, namely kicks, but I’m having some strange issues.

I started by checking out the kick drum presets to see what the machine is capable of, and I decided to try and inspect what I find to be the hardest kick in the stock presets, the KICK M preset.

I love this kick, but i can’t recreate it to save my life. It’s strange, even with overbridge to help visually, I’ve gone through and copied literally every single parameter (or so I think) of this preset to a new sound, but my own sound just doesn’t have nearly as much thud.

Could somebody else try to this to see if I’m losing my mind? To clarify, I have made sure even the Sound Settings are the same as well.

The preset uses the LFO in exponential mode to get a steep pitch drop, but my version just doesn’t seem as steep and thus, doesn’t hit as hard. Is there another setting with the exponential LFO that I’m missing?

Thanks,
Charlie

Just to ask the question- are you checking out the second pages of the OSCs, ENV, and LFO?

Edit: maybe also make sure velocity settings are the same for both voices

Yep, checked those…

And I’m using the keys on the A4 to trigger the kick, so I figure velocity wouldn’t affect me. Correct me if I’m wrong though!

I feel like I’ve had this issue before and there was some small issue I was over looking

Those LFOs can be a little tricky to get a read on- maybe they’re a bit off?

Key tracking matches?

I think so, yeah. It’s a pretty strange issue, if it is an issue at all. It just seems like the exponential decay of the one shot LFO acts differently between the preset and my attempted recreation.

So it’s seven years and I’m wondering if you ever figured this out. I’m on the exact same quest lol.