Umek has spoken : )

I actually was also trying to be somewhat funny :smile:

I read your sarcasm out pretty good, so it looks like I was the one who failed. Smilies do help sometimes :wink:

1 Like

Same here- I agree

Aye, I actually noticed you liked my postā€¦

Its all good ā€¦ more smiles on a Wednesday :grinning::smiley::smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

In contrast hereā€™s a recent vid from one of my favourite producers, space dimension controller, who loves hardware and also makes excellent music on labels such as R&S. Proper electronic funk and full albums

Umek once made techno, now makes beatport generic fodder but he certainly knows how to churn out the tunes. Pity theyā€™re crap

3 Likes

vs.

what happened ? :rofl:

2 Likes

tumblr_inline_mqup5s7abv1qa1wxx

"f^#k you Imac ! "

I think aside from the Zeta Reticular release Iā€™m yet to hear a decent track from this man.

1 Like

If he enjoys his laptop good for him, it is hardly a revelation that a DAW is more powerful than hardware though, I mean I could understand the statement if this was a post from 1999 :joy:

His room looks nice though with the diffusers.

Just listened to a few examples of his music, not my thing and totally unexpected when seeing the synths he owns, but it made his reasons for his statement clear to me.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve asked myself that many times!

True

Even worst case is the one of Joey Beltram.

For one he bought a reverb :smile:

1 Like

And discovered there were steps beyond 8 :rofl:

Proof that technology spoils music.

You red my mind ! :rofl: Flagproof reality check quality post ! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Sometimes I imagine a world without bigsky, space, clouds or RE-201ā€¦ entire genres would not exist without these :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, it almost sounds edm like. Not my favorite artist thatā€™s for sure.

gigantic Hall of techno leads to hall of fame, lead to taking the fast approach, the popular one (it works in both direction I guess here) : the one works right out the box (little trance pluck sounds inside with childish melody) : Tomorrowland could be a game like MarioKart where UMEK choose the be the mushroom or kong :slight_smile:

Donā€™t jump on me, it is subjective to my taste. (agreed)

You donā€™t need those to make ambient and dub if thatā€™s the genres youā€™re refering to. I mean the first dub didnā€™t even use a Space Echo. Ambient have been long before Space and BigSky. Did you mean some other genres that I donā€™t know of?

Sure. But he right on Dub Techno by the way (without Delay and Lush Reverb the STAB or Dub Tech STAB is nothing but SAWā€¦ Rawā€¦) oops forget the chords ! it can be a super interesting chord yesā€¦

1 Like