UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Your comments have helped me decide to pull the trigger on the desktop version.

Just been playing and recording with mine (and a Jupiter 6) today and as delighted as ever. Never fail to get something I really like from it, especially after a few sweet sherries!

2 Likes

yeah just some long release with plain old sine waves and Super DDS sounds soo good :wink:

2 Likes

What a Performance by Cuckoo!
What an amazing sounding Synth.

7 Likes

I haven’t had enough time with mine yet (loving it so far though). Way too busy lately but I found a trick that could be useful to some of the lucky Super 6 owners.

I already shared this with @Tchu

Recursive Envelope Modulation.

So basically you can assign Envelope 1 to its own Decay and/or Release in the modulation matrix.

If you increase or decrease the modulation amount you can change the curve of the envelope stages.

This allows you to make the shape more logarithmic or exponential. Providing snappier envelope shapes if desired :wink:

9 Likes

This is getting out of hand! Now, there are three of them!

:laughing:

5 Likes

The Desktop version seems to have a few more features than the Keyboard version currently has, like direct HPF control, drift etc. I guess the Keyboard version will get these features as well in a later firmware update, is that correct? Or isn’t that clear yet?

At Superbooth, the creator said they will both run exactly the same FW and have like-for-like features. Though, if it’s physical controls, there will need to be some shortcuts/workarounds.

1 Like

So far it looks like the continuous HPF control is coming to the keyboard version, along with other cool tweaks. However, the desktop appears unique in having keytracking as a mod source (replacing the bend +/- source on the keyboard) and also lfo2 directly modding the vca.
Drift is already implemented on the keyboard, and it’s just glorious.

1 Like

How do you enable drift, cheers

I think all 3 Cuckoo’s make a nice little band though :joy:

2 Likes

It’s shift + DDS1 spread / PW. More you move th slider, more drift you get, it can get quite extremely out of whack.

4 Likes

:slight_smile: My second sound bank for the SuperHyper 6 ^^

7 Likes

Those are Fantastic! All kind of flavors.

I can’t wait to receive mine.

2 Likes

It’s an amazing synth. You will be happy with it.

2 Likes

I hate it :lying_face:

3 Likes

I’m happy with the solid bass sounds and bottom end on the super 6 without any effects. Is my only complaint about the Virus bottom end always feels inflated with eq and effects.

New firmware out
Usb midi
Midi cc
And more stuff.

4 Likes

Nick Batt will be pleased :

New hold mode in Arpeggiator, latches notes on all key off, updates and does not add while playing
Try it:

• With the arpeggiator ON, using the sustain pedal or HOLD button, notes will continuously update while at least 1 note is held. When all notes are released simmultanously, the last held pattern will latch. Pressing a new chord will flush the held notes and play the new pattern
4 Likes