UB-Xa from Behringer

Im sure the synth is good but that demo sounded like horrendous prog synth from 70’s
Would not buy based on that.

3 Likes

I love the Oberheim sound but that video was not inspiring. Too much plugin FX maybe? Or just not a great mix.

I just listened to the Cherry Audio Eight Voice demos. Scary how good VA has gotten. If you want to sell your hardware poly analog, you need to make sure it sounds just as good, if not better.

Latest pictures of the UB-Xa D module. The design has changed some along the way if you look back at the early photos.

It is made so that it can be rack mounted. They are waiting for enough parts to start manufacture, so no word on when this will be ready.

Note the built in power supply and cooling fan.

EDIT : Fixed broken image links.

7 Likes

Bro it’s getting hot in here ! Fans self

2 Likes

So would that be the same form factor as the DM module?

Oof :sweat: this one could break me

Edit: There’s a “Vintage” button. Probably like an oscillator slop setting?

1 Like

Totally getting this module version!

1 Like

wow its really been 4 years!

1 Like

Tough to be sure but eyeballing it, it looks like the UB-Xa is a little deeper then the Deepmind Module, but not a lot different.

1 Like

So it’s out in the wild now.

16 voices
2 osc per voice
Bi timbral, or stacked
Stereo
7 modes
Under 1500

Holy cow

https://youtu.be/xUKX5QB_x1g

3 Likes

polyphonic aftertouch, huh? even my summit doesn’t have that :pensive:

1 Like

I listened to him say it twice - polyphonic-aftertouch !

For real ?

3 Likes

Waiting for the desktop module

So, what you guys think about the sound?

I didn’t hear too much of the Oberheim tone there, but I’m not an expert.

3 Likes

i won’t know if it sounds like oberheim until someone plays the first note of tom sawyer tbh

1 Like

$? :thinking:

^^

Is that $£€¢ hope it’s AU$

He said USD. What is that in AU$ ?

I’m not really hearing it either. And overall in this video sounds it thin, pointy and a bit harsh. But maybe it just needs a better sound designer to create some patches? I’ve definitely been duped in the past thinking a synth was lackluster when it was the factory presets to blame.

4 Likes