Two weeks in London

Hey Elektronauts,

I am in London for a couple of weeks, and I feel like exploring some synthesizer stores. Somewhere that stocks nice things. Normally I am in Berlin, and there there is Just Music, where I can go and put my hands on cool equipment including elektron machines. Can anyone recommend somewhere like that in Londinivm?

Gig recommendations also welcome ^^ :smiley: :wine_glass: :musical_note: :crescent_moon: :dancing_women: :dancing_men:

There are weirdly few bricks-and-mortar synth shops in London, in my experience: London Modular is good, but tiny. I’m struggling to think of any others.

1 Like

Thanks @ehg! Yeah that’s the impression I got already… I was hoping I was missing something :smiley:

Red dog music in Clapham
London modular is about the size of my under stair cupboard
West End dj
There’s a place in Camden too no?

It’s been a while

2 Likes

Juno in Camden have quite a nice showroom. But you’d need to call ahead first.

2 Likes

In central you can go to WestendDJ (production store) who have several synths and drum machines etc inc Elektron in the showroom. Also Wunjo guitars (5mins away) have loads of synths etc in their basement level showroom.

KMR Audio is further away in North London but have some high end studio gear and synths in the showroom including Dreadbox (inc Abyss), DSI, Tom Oberhiem and a EMS VCS synthi among other things.

2 Likes

There is a PMT that has just opened on Old Street

I checked out two of the tiny Westend DJ stores tonight and picked myself up a MIO4 at a slightly reduced price (£140), because apparently they’re consolidating those two tiny stores into one!?

Anyway, very frienly folk, lots of NI gear and not nearly enough elektron gear ^^ and good prices at the moment… there’s an Analog Heat display model sitting there for a very tempting price…

Thanks for the tip! Cheers from windy London. :wine_glass:

Might be too late but another shout for Wunjo Keys in the basement of Wunjo Guitars on the corner of Denmark Street in the West End. They always have interesting stuff in there, e.g. a Model D reissue, Matrixbrute, vintage stuff, Nord, lots of Korg and Roland, although not much Elektron - only the odd second hand unit.

1 Like

Great, I’ll check it out for sure! Thank you!

Red Dog Music have a lot of Roland, Nord, Korg, Elektron, modular stuff and lots more (modular stuff may be in their 2nd store however, although Li there did tell me they were joining the premises at some stage)

Were really friendly when i’ve been before, although I was there to buy an OT haha

1 Like

wunju is a bit of a time warp but they’re quite friendly.unlikely to be as cheap as online as they have rent and salaries to pay.

cash converters on kentish town road have some thigns occaisonally… 2nd hand.
cash converters near old street / bethnal green have a few things too … again 2nd hand.
and theres a place along hammersmith high street that have a few things too.
guitarguitar are in camden too , though their online store is better for non guitar things , you can request a demo and i think they may ship an item to the store if you have a few days to wait…
sxpro are not far from highgate. theyre quite high end but have elektron things too.
theres a store towards harrow / high barnet … forgotten the name

theres also one towards staples corner , a bit out the way bit its near a big shopping centre .

with all that said , juno , red dog and westend dj are probably the main ones worth visiting , westend may do a price match but it depends on the item.

find a copy of timeout london , theres a lot on beyond central london / oxford street / soho .

1 Like

Just get a train up to Leeds hahaha (haha) :expressionless:

Funkyjunk, bit of a trek though.

proaudioeurope.com

1 Like

i only heard of this place yesterday , looks interesting…