Two tracks "conflicting" - Bug or Feature?

Hello, I’ve owned a DT for quite some time now. Now I’ve stepped into the world of the DN. I’m pretty impressed, altough it’s quite thougher to learn than the DT.

While messing around with it for some hours now, I’ve stumbled across a thing that seems a bit weird to me. It happened, when I’ve activated the ARP on Track 3 and unmuting Track 2. (The sound, [from 00:15] where I snap my fingers that wasn’t audible beforehand)

To be honest, it sounds very cool to me.
It seems like a new different note is triggered when I’m unmuting the track with the Kick in it. And there’s no trig condition like NEI…
Or maybe the two tracks are somehow conflicting each other? I’ve attached a video for demonstration purposes.

I’m on FW 1.21. I’m afraid the Update to 1.30A will “solve” this. I just want to know, how to reproduce this, just to understand it more. For now I’m not sure, what the DN is actually doing.

So I’m asking you, dear community. Is it a bug or a feature?

Ps: I thought maybe it’s a problem with the voices, but here’s the usage, when both tracks are activated.

ezgif-4-e86d1dec9cfe

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:!

…feature…always work with what is there…u discovered voice stealing…

it has 8 voices at all times…u can fix certain voices to certain purposes, so that some motives will use their needed voices, no matter what happens…but u can also let the the tracks “steal” voices from each other…and as u see, it can be pretty unpredictable AND very cool… :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! That’s actually pretty cool, and I’m relieved that everything’s okay :slight_smile:
Updated to 1.30A and it’s still working!