Tsukiji Dreaming

Hi all,

Today I’m releasing my new album called ‘Tsukiji Dreaming’.

The main synths / drum machines I used on these recordings are: Model D, Prophet 6, PERfourMER MKII, DRM1 MKII and Tanzbar Lite. Also making a couple of appearances is my recently acquired SH-101 (yah!). Reverb from OTO BAM and delay by Source Audio Nemesis. Sequenced on MPC Ren and Cirklon :slight_smile:

Some of the influences on this record are: Low, My Bloody Valentine, Air and Tycho … something like slowsynthcore?!

Hope you can have a listen and spread the word!

1 Like

Anyone who skipped this one is missing out.

Very chilled and introspective sounds here. Very nice to listen to in a quiet room with headphones. Sound quality and design is great. Everything seems like you put a lot of thought and care into it and it shows. Very mellow. I like how the simple drums don’t get in the way of the synths on these songs. Anything more and it might distract from the true stars - melodies and pads. Top notch.

Yeah, song 2 “Ready or not?” is very nice. What lush chord sounds. Great progression and sound design. Could listen to this on repeat for quite a while.

Song 3 is very cinematic. Gets the imagination going. The hats/cymbals work great in contrasting against the pads. Fantastic melody. The elements work really well together. Nothing feels out of place.

Song 4 is very simple yet those synth sounds are spot on. So rich and deep. Enjoyed very much.

Song 5 “Tundra”. Nice little recurring melodic parts here. Great “meshing” of different sounds into one cohesive line.

Song 6 “Road trip” The guitar threw me, lol. :relaxed: Nice tune though.

Song 7 “Falling to you”. I like the contrast between the gritty pads and nice soft swells of synths. Wraps up the album nicely.

1 Like

Thanks bwax, what a very lovely and considered comment! It’s so nice to hear others’ views of my tracks. I agree that my music is of the quiet headphone variety :slight_smile:

Sure thing. You are putting all those nice synths to good use! So nice to hear.

Just listened on my iMac, but definitely gonna check this out on the main living room stereo tomorrow. The sounds are quality and the compositions are nicely understated. Very nice!