Trying to recreate resonant sounds ala Daniel Avery

btw, I learned last week that even Daniel Avery doesn’t write his own music, he has a ghostwriter :frowning:

:smile:
As I sampled Avery’s song in OT it helped me to find “correct” harmonic notes for that 2 bars part, but it was not easy. Dotted. Definitely not the original filters and Osc / sample.

If you listen carefully, it doesn’t sound the same. Hopefully it matched keytrack because I tuned root note filters by ear. Can’t say it would work for any A4/AK without correct calibration I don’t regret.

Manual says Don’t do Calibration without Elektron advice.
Done without regrets.

1 Like

Where did you learn this?
I read similar rumours. Somebody said roman flügel was a ghostwriter on this record

Edit: A guy called ghost culture is credited as co producer on both avery albums

Doable on filter 1 if it is not too resonant.

insider info. apparently Ghost Culture wrote his last album
edit: just read your edit and yes you called it right haha

?

I replied before reading your “edit” part. We both said Ghost Culture. yes its him

1 Like

I see. And you think he’s done everything?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Avery was in the studio directing. But still, in a world where DJs blow up solely for their productions, this kind of stuff is always disappointing to see. Without Ghost Culture the last album doesnt happen

I tried Osc 2 hard sync 1>2 with almost same settings, Osc 2 Tune = 10 (±12/24…) Key On, with same “harmonics” notes. DIfferent. Interesting too.

1 Like