Trigless trig and also moving a sample start point using ttrigs?

hi all,

so i was under the impression from the manual that a trigless trig could trigger/retrigger an lfo and/or envelope… i am trying to make them restart an lfo in order to change sample start points throughout a pattern, i have tried and tried and cannot make it work

can anybody tell me how please?

oh: i can do it using random locks in slice editor but that isn’t my goal.

i thought a random lfo (or other) set to zero with free running (cant make it work when on trig either) and then trigless trigs added would restart the lfo and thus change the sample playback point…

am i thinking the OT can do something it cannot or misunderstanding?

to me right now it appears the only way to move a sample start is via trigs or a random set of locks in slices

thanks

j

Is the lock half or full green? Believe it has to be full lit to Retrig envelopes and LFOs.

full green for T trigs, half green is trig lock for parameters, amp page shouldn’t and wouldn’t affect an lfo retrig though, its just for envelopes and fx env’s

1 Like

Should be working with LFO Trig or Hold too, sounds correct. TTrigs should retrig the LFO, so not sure why that wouldn’t work for you

hmmmmmm. :nej:

ive tried pretty much every setting i can think of, should be a simple thing really

if you get chance try it - i just cant get it to work, a sample start point retriggered by a trigless trig, so i am using a long sample (1-8 bars) with set changes in words and pitch at each 2nd beat so its a definite easy to notice thing if the play opint is being adjusted but nothing.

1 Like

Cool. I’ll give it a try when I’m back in my studio tomorrow

1 Like

seems like such a simple thing but its the first time ive tried to use them this way and ive been at it for nearly an hour and no joy : thx :content:

ok so the lfo works as a retrigger via t-trig on parameters but not sample start point it seems, just did it with a pitch change and voila it re triggered, MAYBE the OT simply cannot do the sample start point via t-trigs as i suspected initially?

looking forward to your/anybodies findings

Not sure I understand you correctly, but doesn’t the sample actually need to restart for you to notice that the sample start point has changed? Hence a trigless trig to change sample start point is kinda an oxymoron. No?

5 Likes

Pretty much what I came in here to say :smiley:

What’s the desired output here? Something that can’t be achieved by either putting a (standard) trig on each step, or using retrig?

not if its a long sample no

what i desire can be achieved with slices and then using trigs set to slice select i know but i didn’t want that as its too defined by me and not the lfo, i was just hoping for a way of getting the lfo to change a start/playback point - so the sample plays from a different place depending where the lfo is in it’s cycle IF the lfo is retriggered - i hope that makes sense.

Ah. OK. That’s not how I read it. Sorry.

So you want the LFO to cycle what part of a long sample is played?

Octa is not turned on, but… I think you need to go semi granular. Since we can’t control what part of the sample is playing without triggering it, you need to find a good loop in your sample. Whenever the sample loops it looks for current start point. If this then is altered be LFO you might get control over the start point without manually re-triggering the sample from the sequencer.

If I understand you correctly - I did something similar with the Digitakt. i think the principles apply to the Octa as well.

yes you’ve got me now mate, maybe i wrote it wrong - it made sense in my head though fwiw :confounded:

i will watch your video and see if it applies - ive tried all obvious routes so lets see.

thanks bud