Triggering/sending midi at the same time as audio

Hi, please forgive me if this is a stupid question. I’m relatively new to the OT and I have a feeling I’ve only ever scratched the surface so far.

I’m wondering if the following is possible:

Let’s say I have a sample on T1 and it’s being conditionally triggered (say like 60% of the time the respective trigger in the sequence is hit).

Is it possible to have a midi track trigger/send a midi note every time the sample is played?

I know this would be easy with fixed triggers. Just copy the sequence from the audio track to the midi track.
But with conditional trigs?

Thanks in advance!

Only way I see is to control audio tracks with midi tracks. Works like a charm, as long as you use same midi channels as audio tracks (1-8) by default.

You can’t. Possible with Digis.

Thanks! I’ll try the controlling audio with midi tracks thing. I’m sure there are tutorials for that!

Here’s one :

• Default project
  • Plug a midi cable between in and out, use thru to connect external gear
  • Set midi track 1 on channel 1 to control audio track 1
  • Set midi track 2 on channel 2 to control audio track 2
    Etc.
  • Use C5-C7 notes (C6 is pitch 0)

That’s all you need iirc

1 Like

haha thank you so much!

1 Like

Sorry to bother you again, but I’m having a hard time figuring out how to set a midi track to control an audio track (step 3 in your guide).
Can you help me out once again?

Don’t worry if you don’t have the time. With a little digging I already found your answers to this same question all over the forums :smiley:

I tried this, but it doesn’t work for me

ok sorry for spamming, but for it to work I had to leave midi mode

Not necessarily. What do you want to do exactly ? The thread you pointed at is old, now there is a way to play slices / slots with midi notes.
(MIDI > CONTROL > NOTE IN (FOLLOW TM, MAP TRACK)

Ok so here’s exactly what I’m trying to do:

I have a sliced sample (bunch of synthesizer chords). I want the OT’s step sequencer to play back the sample in a pattern where some of the triggers are conditional. An LFO is randomizing the slice.

So far, so easy.

The audio track is cued to my Eurorack system though, where I want to trigger an LPG every time the OT is playing one of the slices. The LPG is being triggered via midi.

If the step sequence were fixed, it would be easy. I could just program the same sequence on a midi track on the OT and trigger the LPG with it. But since some triggers are conditional, I cannot do that.

Thanks to your help I kinda made it work yesterday. But it seems very janky to me. As I said, I had to leave midi mode in order for it to work etc. Maybe my OT (mk1 btw) is broken or something.

Anyway, I hope I described my plans clearly. If you have the time, would you mind elaborating how you would solve this?

Thanks!