Triggering ONE SHOT samples with midi keyboard on BANK B, while play the M:S on BANK A

Hi all,
Basically the long title of this topic sums up my question. I want to be able to add single shot samples during live performance while the M:S is playing. IS that possible or am I limited to the 6 tracks and thus 6 midi channels?
I thought of adding 16 sample locks on BANK B, pattern 1 and trigger them with a midi keyboard and then play the rhythm on BANK A on M:S. You help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, afraid so.

Sorry, you can only select one pattern at a time. But you might be able to squeeze your rhythm into one or two tracks using sample locks, leaving 4 or 5 free for live triggering ?

1 Like

thanks thats a bummer. strange though that one cannot midi trigger sample locks on steps.

One thing you can do is have sounds programmed to a track and then play a different sample from the track pad. So for example, if you programmed a snare pattern on T2 you can browse for another sample and play it on the pad. You can’t play this “previewed” sound via MIDI though.

Another challenge with this is that you can probably only do it on one pad. The way around this, though, is to sample lock all of the sounds in all of your Tracks and then select the sound for the Track pad to be completely different. Then you probably can trigger it via MIDI.

Give it a shot and see if it works for you. Note however that the Tracks on the Model:Sample are monophonic, meaning that if a sound in that track is play, it will be muted when you play it’s respective pad.

1 Like