Triggering an external looper with MIDi

I need 2 CC28 to start recording or it won’t start the looping.
So i tried your proposition and it doesn’t loop.

It seems to react to MIDI tweaking more than a simple MIDI value message.i wish it would have worked with LFO.

You actually need to send only 1 CC but it isn’t sent anymore if the same value is the last sent.

Try a bit differently…

Concerning the lfo, try with this :

Ok so I tried again your proposition with the 4 triggers but with the project i was trying on yesterday.
It starts recording twice but very briefly.

I can’t try with LFO atm since as soon i select the CC28 in the LFO menu it startsrecording even when the sequencer is stopped.

Set ONE first. With FREE it sends data continously so that’s normal. The lfo should send data with a trig(less) only. Set it without trigs, and place trigs after.

Ok so it depends on the Trig Mode. I don’t understand why it is still active when the recorder is stopped…

Anyway i set it up as shown on the picture then put a trigless lock with depth of LFO1 full depth. It doesn’t start looping neither with a different value for the depth.

And it worked with FREE mode? :sketchy:
Try a lower speed…

Do you have a midi interface for iPad or computer? A midi monitor and an app to send CCs would help to decipher this.
Or send me the Microcosm…

It launchs automatically with FREE, SYNC TRIG and TRIG.

Edit: no luck changing Depth, Speed or Mult. Whenever i change the Wave form it triggers the recording though.
Edit 2: it triggers only changing to SAW and ITRIG.
SAW->ITRIG triggers but TRIG->ITRIG don’t trigger.

So it should work. Previous post edited.

I’m routing Midi thru a BabyFace Pro to play synths for instance.
Unless i’m guided in the realms of a Midi Monitoring app for iPad, i don’t understand nothing to these apps, how to setup, the kind of messages they display… i already tried but they all display different messages…

I edited a previous post about Wav form that trigs or not i am not sure it helps…

I got a reply from Hologram Electronics saying the Microcosm should answer to a simple CC message.

They send me back to the OT…

Ok then :

What do you mean by that?

Doesn’t start the looping if i put only one trigger.

I guess you mean recording.

Not true the first time you send a CC after a power cycle. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE SAME CC IS NOT SENT CONSECUTIVELY!
That’s different.

So you said if you send 2 different CC28 it stops? I’d work on this first. Try again with 2 close trigless trigs, microtiming CC28 with different values.
Find a solution to slart it correctly wirhout stopping. Then try with the CC29.

I’m sure it’s possible.

I found a way to send a CC once, systematically, in order to decipher this. If you really want to.

Set 4 midi tracks on the same channel as Microcosm.
Set CC28 on T1, value 0
Set CC28 on T2, value 127
Set CC29 on T3, value 0
Set CC29 on T4, value 127

If you mute/unmute T1 alternatively, you send CC28 value 0 or 127 directly and alternatively.

If you mute/unmute T3 alternatively, you send CC29 value 0 or 127 directly and alternatively.

What’s the behavior?

I have another idea with plays free tracks.
Edit : Tested. Didn’t work.

3 Likes

Yes.

I don’t really understand this.

Nope. I said unless i send 2 CC28 with different values, the recording on the looper don’t start.

This already works. The issue is the stop recording/play the loop. This is CC29 and it doesn’t stop all the time. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
At some point i could have a loop but the. I had a problem with the length of the recording. Last time i tried, i could get this result anymore, i just had half second of recording.

I’ll run some tests now to and try to be more affirmative. I’ll try

Which technique did not work? The one you described or the one with Play Free tracks?

One of the biggest issues with OT midi. You should get a midi processor like the RK-002 cable for customized fixes for all problems midi like yours… well worth the money!

1 Like

So what’s the problem?

How can this cable solve my problem?

Yes. Same CC with different value on 2 tracks.
The lowest still block the highest.

Yep.

Le problème est qu’un CC identique n’est pas envoyé de façon consécutive. :pl:
Donc si tu pikoles, euh plockes plusieurs valeurs de CC identiques à suivre, seule la première est envoyée. Il faut donc envoyer un CC différent pour pouvoir envoyer cette valeur à nouveau.

It let you assign a note to a cc, or any message.
As a note is always sent, that way you can send a similar cc several times consecutively.
Very useful for program changes send too.

1 Like

Ok so i found out one trick that made me confused:

I need to change the value of the CC28 between each try.
Even with a double press on stop.

So with one CC28 i can start the looping (before i needed 2 so it would change the value). That’s probably what you meant.

Still i tried within a new project and at first i could have a loop but i seem unable to stop/play the recording now…