Trigger Monomachine patterns via midi

Hey,

I want to trigger monomachine patterns via Midi, and did the mapping in the Multimap Edit, but it doesn’t work.

I set

C-8 - C-8 as range and A01 for PAT. OFS = 0 and LEN = 64
C#-8 - C#-8 as range and A02 for PAT. OFS = 0 and LEN = 16

and thought that it would trigger A1 when sending C8 via MIDI and A2 when sending C#8 via MIDI.

My mono is sometimes quirky when it comes to MIDI, but the Signal is coming in. Instead of triggering the patterns, it is triggering notes though.

Does anybody know what i did wrong?

Thank you!

I’m not sure what you did wrong.

One thing you should review is whether the label “C-8” on your external device means the same thing as “C-8” on the Monomachine, as these labels are not standardised. The first thing to do is to try sending C notes in other octaves.

The next thing is the MIDI channel number. What number have you set for “MULTI MAP CH” in the MM’s GLOBAL > CONTROL > MIDI CHANNELS menu? On which channel is your other device transmitting MIDI Note messages?

I’m definitely closer!
C8 wasn’t C8 on both devices! So now the Midi is changing the pattern - but also transposing the patternpitch on the pitch of the Midi-Note…

Do you also know a solution for this…?

Thank you so much!

And also:

How can i change patterns via Midi on the octatrack? I want to send MIDI to octa, MnM and MD to change the pattern on all three

All three devices (OT, MM, and MD) can change patterns when they receive MIDI Program Change messages.

Because the OT has more than 128 patterns, you need to use a MIDI Bank Select message (CC 0) to switch between patterns in two different halves of its pattern memory (pattern banks A-H and I-P).

yes, sorry, i wasn’t clear enough: I want to do immediate pattern-changes, and because the MnM and MD cannot do that (the octa at least after 2 steps), i’m looking for a way to do that

Have you enabled the MULTI TRIG feature on the MM?

no

You can trigger patterns immediately by using the MULTI MAP EDIT menu on the MM and the MAP EDITOR on the MD.

You can trigger any or all tracks on the OT by setting the TRIG mode and the MIDI MAP configuration for Note messages appropriately.

What keymap range(s) have you set for your MULTI MAP row(s)?
Have you set a value for TRN (transpose) in the applicable row(s)?

yes, for MnM and MD i got it working (exept the thing with the pitchchange on the MnM…)

About the OT: Thank you - i have to check what that means exactly. But how is the pattern changing that way? As i understand only any/all tracks are triggered with this method.

The pattern is not changing, but that’s as close as you can get to want you want with the OT.

I changed nothing, so

C-8 - C-8 as range and A01 for PAT. OFS = 0 and LEN = 64
C#-8 - C#-8 as range and A02 for PAT. OFS = 0 and LEN = 16
For TRN i didn’t set anything.

And all the other rows i didn’t touch.

whaaat, that’s a bummer…

So i actually just can’t trigger octatrack-patterns via MIDI (despite it being newer and all than MnM / MD) ?

Now you need to start reading the forum for creative solutions to your problems:
https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=octatrack%20instant%20pattern%20change

alright, thank you so much!

Either:

or:

1 Like

Thank you soooo much!