Trigged midi notes not sounding <Resolved>

Well, I don’t know what I have done but I’m reaching out…

OT MkII playing midi to a Virus Snow. Working fine then just stopped sending trigged midi notes to the virus from my working project. I can play the virus from the OT keyboard on any of the midi channels.

If I create a new project or use my blank template then trigged midi notes are sent. I have trawled through all the menus and flipped every setting but can’t get it back on the working project. Am I missing something (having an OT moment) or will I need to recreate the project from scratch?

Thanks.

This has happened to me… After the 9th gray hair, I just started the project over from scratch.

1 Like

Damn! It’s done it again. This time on a new project and while I was changing patches on the virus while the pattern was playing. Could the virus be sending midi data when changing patches that screws the OT up? Odd behaviour and I can’t think what to check next on either machine.

Checked gate time is long enough?

Only other thought - I had a Jomox that skipped many notes sent from OT and that was solved by turning off the midi clock from OT

Gate time of INF makes no difference and no luck with midi clock changes. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I’m running it without midi in from the virus to test.

What mode are you in? [ Single | Multi | Sequencer ] (Pro Tip: Use Sequencer)

Are you experience any patch changes?

What data are you sending? i.e. Octatrack Midi Settings

Describe your midi configuration. Do you have the Virus Midi Out -> Octatrack Midi In ? If so, maybe try removing it.

What’s about the most obvious sources of not sounding trigs like mute or solo settings? Have you checked the mixer menu?

1 Like

Yeah, I think I’ve checked everything.

Brand new project. Place midi trigs, virus sounds as expected. Play on chromatic keyboard, change patches on virus and at some point the trigs just stop firing but the keyboard still plays notes.

Only way back seems to be to start a new project each time or remove the midi in from the OT while tweaking.

I think I’ll raise a ticket to see if support have any ideas. The snow is new to me but has been fine for the week that I’ve had it and can’t see it being the cause as a new project resolves the issue for a shortwhile.

Frustrating… Good job that all my current patterns are just sketches to learn on.

I think you’ve found the problem. In the Mix page and on the Quick Mute view I can see that all of the icons for mutes are disabled and I can’t select or inspect them. Hopefully it’s in the manual… going to check now.
SOLO was the culprit. the virus must be sending a CC when I’m changing patches.

Phew … :100: to @tnussb and this community .

2 Likes