Trig+yes to preview p-locked trig [Implemented DT OS 1.20 / DN OS 1.30]

Great explicatory video Mr Eaves - let’s hope whoever has the programming chops in the Digitakt department is given sufficient company resources to implement this. A dynamic waveform zoom to go along with this would be magic.

1 Like

Damn…you just made my life easier…

Thanks a lot @DampSquid and @badbass :slightly_smiling_face:. It would be awesome if this ever got implemented.

how many presses are those buttons rated for? if you’re auditioning the parameter locks of every sound for every track via a single button, it’ll surely wear out faster. and that button gets pressed a lot already.

not sure it’s something that would be a deal-breaker, but it’s outside Elektron’s original design specs. and they’re the ones who’d have to fulfill warranties and repairs. so I’m sure it’d at least be something they’d consider.

As far as I know, these buttons are the same as the ones used in some mechanical keyboards (I forget which brand), and I don’t think the yes button will be pressed nearly as much as the spacebar on any keyboard ever.

An insane 50 million presses. You’ll be fine :wink:

Edit: assuming you’ll press the yes button every second of your life without sleeping or eating you’d need more than 1.5 years to wear it out.

1 Like

haha, yeah should be fine then :+1:

Super nice idea.
Please add this to all Elektron machines.

1 Like

I can’t even remember if I posted here already, hehe
video is great, and a nice way to encourage feature implementation.
it would make the workflow SO much faster and dynamic… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m working on another trig+yes video where I make a piano melody on one of the midi tracks. It’s twice as long, so there’s at least twice as much video editing to get done :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I made another TRIG+YES video, this time exploring what it would be like if you could preview midi notes. I can die happy the day this gets implemented.
10 Likes

i need this in my life

1 Like

I love you

1 Like

And a nice addition to the TRIG+YES would be a functionnaly that slice a sample (depending on tempo) on every trig by auto setting the right start point at each. This will make a huge time gain and make a sample run smoothly on trig you not scrambled.

1 Like

they did it! trig preview in 1.20 :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yes! Thank you so much Elektron!

13 Likes

Yes! You definitely played a role in getting that one over the line. Thank you again for taking the time to make that awesome feature request video! I personally requested note priority when firing midi at DN, so I’m going to claim that one as my own personal contribution :blush:

11 Likes

Whaaat?? yeah! Thanks Elektron, and thanks everyone who helped this getting attention!

I only got my Digitakt 2 weeks ago, supported the wish and it happens. I shall not take this for how it will happen in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is really great! What’s missing if I’m not mistaken is that if the trig has a retrig configured, it still previews the single trig, without the retrig. Would be useful (I don’t like sounding like a complainer, I’m NOT complaining, happy for what we have).

2 Likes

it was brought up in beta and will be added later :slight_smile:

6 Likes