Trig+yes to preview p-locked trig [Implemented DT OS 1.20 / DN OS 1.30]

The rytm and a4 have this ability and its such a gamechanger for the workflow. Absolutely want to see this added to the digis and the model:samples as well!

3 Likes

Wait watā€¦

1 Like

Hold a trig and hit the pad/key and you can hear the sound including all p-locks and sound locks. Makes chopping up sounds (like in the video OP made) so much faster. No endlessly repeating a loop and tweaking a a p-lock over and over.

6 Likes

That would have been nice to know when I was evaluating Elektron boxes haha. Oh well, I have what I have. Good to know though! Thanks

1 Like

Oh man. Itā€™s already on the A4 and Rytm. Oh wellā€¦ I can make do without, but I can make do much faster with! :smiley:

3 Likes

Do they ? I did not know thisā€¦ I must try this asap

2 Likes

Cant blame you guysā€¦ I found out by accident myself. Elektron implemented it and then never really bothered to show it off.

The digis not having it makes some sense (considering theres no built in keys or pads) but the lack of this feature on the model:samples is just strange.

3 Likes

Just tried this and it does work and canā€™t believe I didnā€™t know this yetā€¦
hopefully can still add this to the others too thoughā€¦
you would think it would be a standard trig+yes across all the range because of the locks

thanks man !

3 Likes

Could this work with a midi controller on the DT? Someone should try this asap!

2 Likes

Sadly that doesnā€™t work (believe this doesnt even work on the analogs) but I totally wish it would!

2 Likes

I think if you hold a trig and press a key on a midi keyboard, youā€™ll overwrite the note and velocity of that trig instead of previewing it. For what itā€™s worth, itā€™s a quick way to sequence melodies :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried. No success. But I had never though of using my blackbox to record MIDI notes on the DT before. So thereā€™s that :joy:

2 Likes

+1 JUST TRIG + YES :heart_eyes:

I hope Elektron patches it in just so I can watch @Eaves go even harder.

1 Like

Hehe, thanks a lot man :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ā€¦iā€™m still surprised sometimes what different combos of arrow keys and yes and no all can doā€¦
beyond the function keyā€¦

and my only excuse for not knowing, THIS is already part of the hidden secret functions on the a4, is, iā€™m still using it, running on a pretty outdated updateā€¦

1 Like

this works (AK here - thanks for tip!) but it replaces the trigā€™s note with the note you pressed to ā€œauditionā€ it. very easy to mess up your sequences. so unless youā€™re using none-keytracked sounds, itā€™s not ideal. trig+yes would solve this prob :slight_smile:

[edit] actually it work great ā€“ just make sure you donā€™t have the Note page selected (they get overwritten if so)

3 Likes

Or just press the note that lights up. That way you dont change it. The fact you can change the note and audition the change with all the p-locks is actually great for inputting melodies step by step :smile:

2 Likes

Saw this on Reddit! Great job with this video. Definitely shows how easy it could be! >_<

1 Like

This would be really awesome to have on the DT and DN as well

1 Like

You fooled me with the video too! I thought I had missed an update somewhere.
Would be great if they implemented it as in your video.
I have a worry though, that if it speeds up your workflow and you become even more prolific, the internet might just run out of space. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes