Trig Mute Midi Recording in Ableton possible?

Hi
Any idea how to record Trig Mute midi information from Analog Rytm -> Ableton ?

I would like to record all midi information from Rytm into Ableton.
I managed to record everything but the TRIG MUTE.

As I want to capture 100% of the midi movements of my session, this is missing.
Especially when I then want to play back the session from Ableton -> AR.
AR reads everything correctly and plays the whole session as I did it - but not the TRIG MUTE automations I did.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

MIDI CC for mutes on most elektron boxes is CC 94. In order to record properly, you will likely need a Max For Live patch like ControlChange8 from Robert Henke’s site. Ableton is really funny about CCs, and it really only works as clip automation and not very well at all in the arrangement view.

However, you can’t do the midi information and the overbridge mappings at the same time, you are going to have to pick an approach. If you are using OB instead of midi, you should just be able to do automation for the mute parameters in the VST itself i believe

The op is discussing Trig Mutes (as opposed to Track Mutes) which are specific to some of the premium Elektron sequencers, they exist on their own track which runs in parallel to each respective track’s sequence

1 Like

Exactly @avantronica

Any idea how to make this possible?

Not specifically, that workflow isn’t something that I would try - I would imagine it’s a layer that is specific to the machine (i.e. it’s not a parameter which is transmitted/received externally) - it’s a performance thing for the machine’s sequencer - you could mimic it by track muting on steps lined up in Ableton assuming trigs are quantised - I imagine there’s no way to capture the parameter slides as well, some things are specific and tailored for the sequencer

1 Like

Another (obvious) example which is common to all machines with the Elektron sequencer are sound locks: no way to perform this from outside.

1 Like

I see. Thanx guys.