Trig length doesnt lock in live record mode

Hey everybody
i was hoping someone could help me with this weird issue. This has never happened before the new update, but who knows, it could be my routing or settings.

Keystep -> digitakt (sending midi clock) -> digitone

If i live record on the digitone sequencer, the trig length parameter doesnt lock like it does with the velocity and note parameters. It used to do it, My digitakt still does it.
Ever since the update I’ve had this issue. Its a pain in the ass and I’m starting to get frustrated plz help :frowning:

Works fine if you use the DN Auto channel whilst recording. This is my only workflow so no idea if it’s different from an earlier release, but I concur that recording on track channel won’t record step length, but I would always suggest auto channel for recording in (it’s the only way in some rec modes). You will have to ask support if this is expected behaviour.

2 Likes

I believe that is what i’m Doing. DT auto channel is set to 16, keystep is on 16 and I’m using 4midi tracks on DT as mutes and track selection on the DN. The trig length records fine when i use the DN chromatic keyboard. But when i record on the keystep i get nothing. Its weird because I’m working on a project from a few days ago and all my synth parts are recorded with the keystep and this problem wasnt there. But then i did the update. I opened a ticket with elektron support group, hopefully they can help

What’s the auto channel on the DN? And are you connected via through or DT midi out? How is the midi info getting to the DN past the DT? That’s something to consider

1 Like

As of now they are both on auto channel 16. the sequence is keystep midi out to DT midi in.DT sync everything is set to send. DT
Midi out to DN midi in. DN sync everything set to receive.

I also just Found out that the length p lock works correctly When the keystep is plugged to the DN first. But I dont wanna settle with reversing the workflow of DT and DN

same here. have you got any update from the support group?

On what channels do your midi channels on the DT send to the DN? If they are not sending on the Auto CH it will not work, then you would have to take another midi channel on the DT to pass the midi on Auto CH to the DN, i think.

Hi everyone

I am facing a similar issue. I program my notes in Ableton 10 and then record them using Live Recording on the Digitone, the trigs are recorded but they are all set as 16th note length.
I also tried recording the notes by playing on my OP-Z keyboard (using USB midi) and the result is the same
I’m keen to hear more as this is a major issue in my workflow.

This is also emphasized in the manual as a preferred method for external input. It is only possible for certain record modes so should ideally be used and understood as the intended workflow

1 Like

@palmer_eldritch I opened up a ticket and they did find a bug that they are working on.

2 Likes

Auto channel does not fix this problem. I’ve only ever used auto channel for my midi tracks. Never had a problem until the os updates

I use auto channel 15 on the DT and set my keystep to that channel. DN tracks are midi 1-4 and i use midi tracks 1-4 on DT. Ive played with having the DN on the same auto channel but it makes no difference what channel its on. When i record onDN sequencer With the keystep the trig length does not get recorded.

So you are not using the Auto CH of the DN. As stated in the manual, it will only work reliable if you use the Auto CH of the DN.
I think it is annoying too, as it uses one more midi ch of the DT, but there is no other possibility right now i guess…

thanks a lot for sharing the update. i also have the same keystep > dt > dn > … workflow and this became quite annoying. on the previous OS version i was able to record the key length in a way i play on keystep without using the auto channel. hope they release the bugfix soon.

1 Like

You are correct, switching to auto channel recorded the trigs lengths.
Thanks for your help

2 Likes

does anyone know how i might be able to connect 3 devices in such a way where I use DN auto channel for recording using the keystep, yet still use the DT midi tracks to mute t1-4 on DN ?

You just have to create another midi channel on the dt which passes the auto channel to the dn. Then you can select this channel on the dt and record to the dn.

Genius, thank you!!

Thank you! Had the same problem after the update. Honestly did not know about autochannel until now.

It is quick to change Midi channel on a keystep so previously was just switching through channels 1-4 to live record on all four tracks (including Trig length) without touching the DN.

1 Like

Thanks! I had the same problem. Nevertheless this shouldn’t happen when using regular MIDI channels.