Trig conditions in chain mode

Hi! I hope this makes sense…

I’m a big fan of Trig conditions for variations on a pattern, especially setting the trig to [1/4] for example. I’m also a fan of setting up chains when playing live, selecting patterns A1 A2 looped, for example.

HOWEVER, is it possible to retain trig conditions of a pattern when working with chains? Currently, if looping patterns A1 A2, the trig conditions “reset” on A1. Here’s what I mean and bear with me:

A single pattern [A1], playing in a loop with a [1/4] trig condition on step one will look like this:
[A1]: o . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
[A1]: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
etc.

When looping two chains, it looks like this (resetting the trig condition back to the start):
[A2]: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
etc.

Is it possible to make it do this?:

Please let it be possible! and if not, WHY not??!

2 Likes

It’s an interesting observation for sure … there’s probably a good case for and maybe a good case against … I would love to hear what Elektron thought about this, it surely must have been pondered

is there an easy way to make TRC within chains logical, consistent and predictable ? … it would be good

the way they do the counting would have to be tied in with the easily switchable chain state

a good case for completely nullifying conditional trigs altogether b/c the user wants to leave 4 bars in succession? you got me there brother. i’m all eyes and ears.

i created a support ticket for this.

love love love conditional trigs - such an amazing feature thank you Elektron all that nice stuff…

but for the love of God it’s a half-ass job if this feature isn’t extended across other basic functionality in this unit like pattern chaining.

i’m really not trying to be negative here - but let’s call it for what it is.

please consider changing this

Indeed it is and I would be interested in hearing what Elektron has to say about it too.
If this is not possible to adjust this right now, would probably be a feature request like “global” trig conditions instead of “pattern based” trig conditions…(?)

1 Like