Transport sync between AK & AR, but not via OB.. How?

I know that you’re supposed to be able to set clock sync in OB/VST, but it sucks. I’ve tried it several different ways and when I have it set to start the AK & AR when I start my DAW, in the initial measure or so, I get HORRIBLE static, crackles, etc. from the AK.

Yes, I’m using the stupidly overpriced OverHub.

If I start the AK & AR manually together, I don’t get the noise, so I don’t think it’s bandwidth related and while it sort of sounds like what happens when the PC is overloaded, my CPU is @ 1% and RT CPU is like 10%.

Get the noise (sounds like ripping fabric) regardless if I’m using my PC sound card, my Mixer’s USB interface, AK or AR as soundcard…

So, I’d like to get my AK & AR to sync so if I start transport on AK, it starts AR, but NOT using thi sbuggy sync in OB.

How can I set that up?

My guess is that you’re using a non Ableton DAW?

It should be, set transport and clock send on your AK or AR in the MIDI > SYNC menu, making sure OUT PORT FUNC is set to MIDI at least. Set the same for receive/in on the other device.

Non-Ableton OB is a mess though.

Yes, I’m trying to use Reaper.

I ended up running a DIN midi from AK to AR because it appears that while OB is live, USB midi sync doesn’t work…

Here’s what I get when I start AK& AR via OB from Reaper… Crackles @ like 2.5-3 seconds. Happens regardless of what I use as audio card/interface… PC, Mixer, AK, or AR

The only saving grace is that the crackles only seem to happen at the very start. What’s insane is they happen even if the AK & AR are both totally muted!

Overbridge sure seems like a steaming pile. Why not just advertise: “Overbridge only “works” with Ableton Live” then?

The fact that they think that in the future they are going to be able to charge for OB… They have some massive Swedish Meatballs is all I can say.

The synths and the sequencer are amazing. They need to fire their entire software development department and start over. Just crap from top to bottom. :rage: