Transition Trick. Why is my sample fading out when crossfade?

I have followed the instructions on Tarekith’s youtube video:

I also did the missing instruction from the video i.e.: Set SCR3 to T8/Main in ‘Record Setup’.

I have fiddled with every possible parameter I can think of and my 16 step loop fades out drastically within one bar.

There’s obviously something I’m missing here;)

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Are you using flex machine? Does it have a recorder buffer assigned to the track. Does the track also have a trig on (not just a recorder trig)?

You have to manually remove the rec trig before crossfading, otherwise the octa keeps sampling the silence of that track.
I guess uou have set it up so only the recorded track will play when you have crossfaded right?

1 Like

I think in your amp section, hold or release are not 127…
then the recorded loop will not play the entire length

make sure the level of the track you are recording on is set at full, if it is set lower then each time it records over and plays back it will record a lower volume. Had me stumped for ages but makes sense when you think about it :wink:

1 Like

Cheers folks. Yeah it is a flex, I did put in rec and track trig on step 1 and recorder buffer is assigned. I’ll soon try to work it out. Let u know which of your suggestions worked:)

Ok congrats Deaf Eric… I think you came closest and it seems to work properly now.

How it was done: by setting ‘vol’ in the Amp page to ‘+26’?!

… strange?

(HOLD and REL were set to inf)

Also just discovered that you can do a reverse effect by adjusting RATE in playback page… maybe that was obvious to people though

Glad I was of some help :slight_smile:

Ok, forget the scenes for a moment. You have a track recorder assigned to a flex track and have trig and recorder trig on that track? Amp hold is turned up (at least as many steps as the track is long or inf)? With track button + bank you can check if the recorder does record audio.
Does that work so far? If nothing gets recorded, check recorder setup.

If you see a waveform being recorded, check scenes. You simply have two scenes, one scene has your recorder flex track on minimum track level and all other tracks on max level and the other scene does the opposite.

2 Likes