Transferring samples failing

Does anyone know why samples fail to transfer? For the life of me I can’t get them to upload. I’m simply taking 909 samples from Ableton and dragging them into transfer, but they fail. All of the firmware is fully updated, as I just got Digitakt couple days ago.

Thanks

Hi, I think only Elektron Sample Packs can be loaded correctly.

I have a problem because transfer do not recognize my Digitakt.
Do you know why?

Best Regards
Dieter

This is not accurate.

What is the error it is giving you when the transfer fails?

Do you have the 1.11 beta upgrade on DT?

Having DT from a couple of days too and though 1.10 was the latest,so had some trouble as well.

I think only Elektron Sample Packs can be loaded correctly.

Not true. You can load samples from anywhere into the Digitakt.

I’m simply taking 909 samples from Ableton and dragging them into transfer, but they fail.

Take a look at how many samples are you trying to transfer to a single folder.

I had a similar problem in the past and realised Digitakt will only allow a set amount of samples per folder. I don’t know what the limit is, but as soon as I put them into separate folders it allowed the transfer to complete successfully.

If the samples are from an Ableton pack (core lib?) they will be locked so wont work outside of Live.

I was only trying to transfer one sample at a time

Yeah, that must be it then

Hi! a little late and new to the party, but I had this same issue trying to transfer multiple samples from Ableton’s Core Library to my Digitakt.

The fix for me was to navigate to the Core library folder on my HD (Mac) and transfer the files directly from there.

Macintosh HD/Applications/Ableton Live Suite > Right-click > Show Package Contents > Contents/App-Resources/Core Library/Samples

Open the folder(s) for the sounds you want to transfer and drag and drop into DT. Tip: it was helpful for me to put the folder in list mode and sort by kind, in this case I am transferring only .wav files and hitting the space bar then using the arrow keys can preview the sounds before copying them to DT.

So far this has been flawless…previously I was dragging them directly from Live, and more often than not they were failing and I’m not clear why.

I’m also new to digitakt, only two weeks in.

A easier way may be to transfer directly from within DT

In DT input into the directory (on a MAC)
HD/Applications/Ableton Live Suite/App-Resources/Core Library/Samples

then open the folder you want to transfer and select the files. check Auto-Preview if you want to click through and listen.