TRANSFER to DK not working with USB configuration in Overbridge mode

Hi, I just Upgraded to latest OS (1.2) my DK, and also downloaded latest Transfer version (1.2.2.9). The weird thing is that now DK is NOT recognized by Transfer if USB configuration is set to Overbridge, while if I move the usb cfg to Midi or audio/midi it works perfectly.
Is not such a big issue because I can easily switch from Usb overbridge mode to Usb in Midi mode.
but… WHY???
before this update it didn’t need to be changed

because that’s the way it is for now until it changes which it probably will, it takes time to test things work perfectly before they get implemented

that’s a surprise - but Transfer isn’t an OB program, it seems obvious (and infinitely wiser) to switch to a regular USB mode - especially in terms of updating an OS which you do once in a while, no great hardship for now, a lot is planned for Transfer but it will take time and it will come incrementally as it has so far imho

1 Like

That’s how it’s always been on both my DT and DN… it also mentioned in the guides when updating OS or using transfer.

I find transfer very unstable and crashing a lot … thought it may because hadn’t been changing it to USB mode… maybe that’s why it changed.

Had troubles swapping between analog Rytm and digitakt also…
Hope they bring it back so can just add samples on the go…

When I updated DN, I had to turn off OB and set it to midi USB otherwise it wasn’t recognised at all. Makes perfect sense to me. No need to use Transfer and OB together anyway

1 Like

switching between modes is tedious mind you and i wish it was more automated or prompted rather than necessitating menu diving - i think in time it’ll be more seamless

2 Likes

Now my problem will be sending CC from Ableton (for changing pattern) while in OB mode… before updating I could do all this in OB mode, only with usb cable connected. In few words, how could I manage this? I mean, stay in OB but send pattern change command from Ableton live

That’s a question for another thread/subforum

Yes, I’ll try first
Thankxxx