Transfer not connecting for new OS update

… as mentioned, probably that you are using an older version of Transfer - this has been explained a lot, these ‘issues’ lots of people are having are almost entirely user error wrt settings or using outdated software

I’m using the most recent version of Transfer. Plus the new OS 1.20

I had to reinstall Transfer before it would work. I was getting the “The version of your device is not supported” type error prior to reinstalling

that

I put in a support ticket. Their response suggested I forgo my USB hub and connect the Digitakt directly to my laptop. That worked for me. So USB config set to USB/MIDI and connecting directly to the computer worked. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Same issue here. Transfer v1.2.2.9 doesn’t connect with my DIgitakt anymore after upgrading the firmware to 1.20.

I’m on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

and yes, I checked all the ‘secret tips and tricks’ to ‘make it work’…
but nothing

what it’s worse,
the awesome third party app from elk-herd (https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/)
it cannot fetch the projects from the digitakt anymore.
it crashes miserably…

I think it’s worthy to downgrade to the older firmware if you are working daily with the digitakt and transferring files backs and forths with the computer…

Cheers

Mine is also not working. I will try removing the connection to the hub, but honestly for $750 I shouldn’t have to do that.

Nope, tried two different hubs, 2 different apple usb-a => usb-c adapters, and one third party adapter.

I turned on Midi Monitor. If I select something else, like say my DeepMind12, I can see transfer sending sysex to my deepmind (which obviously doesnt respond, its not an elektron). However if I switch to the Digitakt in the list, nothing gets sent over Midi Monitor.

!!!

Updates. After getting it to connect on a borrowed laptop with no other midi, it worked fine. I then unplugged everything from my computer and it also worked fine. Finally, I started plugging things back in until it stopped connecting and the conflict is: mio10. Unsure why. Thought this might be helpful to someone out there (either someone else debugging this or maybe Elektron themselves)

1 Like

Wow, thanks for this hint.

It never works for me either, so I disconnected my iConnectMIDI4 and bang it connects straight away!

I’m guessing that the bug in Transfer is due to having lots of midi devices preceding the elektron device, 26 here with iConnectMIDI4 connected and 10 when not connected.

1 Like

i had the same problems than you…
i switched of the Dt
switch of ableton and transfer
plug usb cable directly to the laptop
switch on the dt made the right config in system, then switch on transfer, connect to DT, then apply the upgrade

all good now

Had the same today, when trying to upgrade my Rytm Mk2 to 1.60.

Transfer didn’t connect. Tried so many different thing, I couldn’t make it work.

After reading this thread, I now unplugged ALL other USB-cables from the computer, and see how fast Transfer connected … LOL, Elektron needs to get their USB working straight.

1 Like

well, well… I tried everything in the comments, double checked all parameters, and still no Transfer, just would not connect to the ports. Then… I ran across an Elektronauts post saying “unplug the mio10”, and voila - Success! Thank you poster!!!

2 Likes

Same issue with my Mio 4. Good troubleshooting and thank you!

1 Like

I had a similar issue with my A4 MKii. Transfer could see my A4, but hitting “Connect” failed reliably. I ended up using the “Legacy OS Upgrade Mode” which worked fine (I was updating from OS 1.32_beta to 1.50A). I think I assumed that the legacy upgrade mode was the same as the Startup upgrade mode, which turned out not to be true.

I had the same issue with a brand new Digitone, tried everything here and still didn’t work. Then based on the Mio conflict, I tried opening Audio MIDI Setup and disabling my virtual IAC MIDI buses and it worked!

So basically the same issue, I had to make sure there were ZERO other MIDI buses before it would Transfer would connect

I was able to update my Digitone OS using SysEx Librarian : Elektron transfer can't connect to Digitone

Same for me !

Mac OS CATALINA latest TRANSFER and DT os.
Transfer doesn’t connect unless I unplug my USB midi interface ESI MU4

That even works on Overbridge mode and midi ports set to MIDI+USB if I unplug any USB midi devices

Also if you have a midiman etc kinda driver installed that can prevent transfer from connecting in overbridge mode.

This worked, thank you very much!