Transfer "Failed" status troubleshooting

Hi from Texas! Relatively new to this, working with an Rytm MK II and Mac OS Mojave. Got my own samples to transfer a couple times so far but for some reason these new ones aren’t working ! Attempting upload a screenshot below, hopefully but in case you can’t see it when I drag and drop the samples they show up as red in the bottom Transfer window and status “Failed”, Info “Device failed with operation” . Anyone know why this could be? I exported them from PT at the right bit/sample rates. Thanks!
Adam
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.15.37 PM|685x500

I dont know but i’d first reboot rytm, computer, etc. and try again…

+Drive storage was full, figured it out thanks. Hey diff question but maybe you know. If I was to back everything up and do a clean reformat, and or transfer a project to a different AR, is it pretty easy to get a project to load back up in its exact form with all settings, kits, sounds, samples, patterns etc where you left off? I see you have to backup sysex and samples separately. So I guess what I’m wondering specifically is does it easily figure out how to match the samples properly within a given project? Do the directories have to be exactly the same or does it just search for the samples on the +Drive automatically and add them to the RAM hence getting everything back 100% the same?

1 Like

Yeah sample list has to be exactly 100% same. Sucks!

So you mean if you change any of the directories at all like trying to clean stuff up on the +Drive it won’t be able to find them? Or does it just matter within the directories being pulled from? For example what if there are a couple directories you’re not using that you want to clear out to clear up space. Will the fact that those are gone be an issue when it tries to load up the old project that doesn’t use them?

Samples on +drive are not directly used. They are selectively added by you into each project.

So its the samples in the project that have to be in 100% same order if you want kits, for example, to be same from project to project.

But if you delete or add samples to the +drive, that will have no influence on a projects sample list.

So what I’m wondering is— Say you back all your stuff up on a computer. Erase everything on the AR. Reload projects from scratch. Are the RAM samples for whatever project you choose to restore restored with the backup as they were then? If so how does that work, simple or does it take a bunch of fiddling?

So when i do a sysex dump to backup a project, the samples are not stored with the sysex backup. Their map, if you will, to the sample position is saved.

So if you have a kit called kit1 using a sample called snare1 in slot 1 in the sample list and used on pad2, if you just load the backup, kit1, pad2 will look at slot 1 in sample list and play whatever is in slot 1.

You have to manually bring back all the samples into the project.

A thread to read to consider making samples into sounds…