Transfer App Not Connecting with Digitakt Ver 1.1.0 - Help!

Transfer App Not Connecting with Digitakt Ver 1.1.0 - Help!

on windows … I sometimes need to clear out USB driver clutter when devices fail to be detected.

What does that even mean? Clear out USB driver clutter?

doctor google knows all

my method is to go into device manager, show hidden devices, and get rid of everything in USB that is greyed out… if you aren’t familiar with that then you might be best contacting elektron support

when my octatrack fails to be detected (or several other devices) the usual culprit is that some usb driver installed itself badly and then blocks the recognition of subsequent connections. removing all greyed out drivers (i.e. disconnected devices), rebooting, and then connecting your device usually results in success.

you might provide a lot more detail on your set up if you need help.

1 Like

thanks for this but Im on a mac so its a little different. I have run CleanMyMac and that didn’t work either. I have tried it on two computers at this point.

Same problem on Windows 10, the device manager is not cluttered and shows the Digitakt. I tried to plug, unplug, start elektron transfer as administrator etc.

EDIT:

We recommend that you select USB MIDI ONLY mode on your Elektron device. You find this setting in GLOBAL SETTINGS > SYSTEM > USB CONFIG

cf the manual.

1 Like

I have solved my problem with Transfer-digitakt-Mac OS Catalina. I will say what I have to do to make it work for it may help somebody:
I open audio-midi app in Mac OS, and then I delete all the midi devices. After that, I turned on the Digitakt, and, in de midi config menu, port config, change input form and output to only USB, then, in the system, USB config, I changed the mode to usb midi. After that, I open Transfer app and then it connects flawlessly with Digitakt.

1 Like

I was having this issue in June of 2020 and this solution worked! (with regard to Digitakt connecting to Transfer App on Mac) To reiterate:

“We recommend that you select USB MIDI ONLY mode on your Elektron device. You find this setting in GLOBAL SETTINGS > SYSTEM > USB CONFIG”