Transfer acting odd, doesn't send anything? (Digitone)

Hey gals/guys!

I wonder what’s up with my new Digitone. I got some .syx preset banks and I try to send them to Digitone by using Transfer and dropping .syx files onto the Transfer window (I’m on latest versions of everything), and it doesn’t open any windows, it just blinks as if I asked nothing. What might be wrong? I’m on Monterey 12.3.1 on an i9 Macbook from 2019.

I had the same thing some weeks ago.
Transfer somehow didn‘t see syx but the newer filetypes and strangely os upgrade ( also syx).
(Can‘t remember if it worked with a previous version as i mostly used c6 (pc) and not often)
Same thing with dn with mac and a4 with pc…

I had to use sysex librarian for mac.
Search for the program and read dn manual sysex dump.
I replied some days ago somewhere else, one person was able to send sounds (but not banks) with first clicking sysex transfer below on transfer. I didn‘t try that.
I hope its ok if i have mix of syx and new filetypes sabed as backup(?)

1 Like

had same issue as well (Sounds download via sysex dump fine into open bank slots but a full Pattern via sysex doesn’t transfer). most recent version of Monterey on MBP M1 Pro

This is strange and rather annoying. I have 3 Elektron machine and backups seems so complicated. I am trying now to backup the Digitone with transfer and it doesn’t work. I’m basically trying to send a sysex of a project to the Transfer app but nothing happen.

I have 2 years of creating music with it with no backup and I dread the moment…

Anyone has an idea?

I would love to try to help but there’s so little information in your post, it would be purely guesswork. Could you advise at least your operating system and what you’ve tried so far, such as having used different MIDI cables?

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I’m working with mac, os ventura. I am trying to backup via the usb. It is mainly for one project.

I have now also tried to do the same with SysEX Librarian with not much success. I managed to dump the project to my computer, but when trying to send back the sysex file to the digitakt via Transfer (!), the digitakt imports only one bank and some of the patterns that should be in it.
I have used Transfer to dump back as when sending the sysex file from SysEX Librarian the digitat doesn’t receive anything.

For all of the process above I am using a usb connection.

Cool, thanks! Maybe a silly question but have you tried a different USB cable? Or a MIDI cable?

1 Like

Thanks, no I havent. In any case I am using only usb, not midi. On holiday now so will try it when I’m back.
Was think for a moment to lead a petition to ask Elektron for a more streamlined one solution for their devices. It’s irresponsible to create such grate machine but then leave the user with no proper means to secure and backup their creations…