Transfer 1.4 upgrade

The support page says that MacOS 10.11 is supported while the manual says that 10.12 or later is required.

2 Likes

Youā€™re still on 1.20A. Install 1.21A and try again.

5 Likes

Just when we thought weā€™d tested everything :joy:

1 Like

AHA! Thatā€™s the trick!
Transfer 1.4 needs the new firmware
Now everything works
Now Iā€™d like to know if my project could be shared on another digitakt, here you have my .dtprj file: Could someone test if the loading works?
#ACETONE.dtprj (314.8 KB)

2 Likes

Awesome! This update makes me feel like Song Mode is just around the corner!

Worked perfect. Just added it, it asked to include the samples as they were not detected on mine. Confirmed whether I wanted to save them to original directory structure and then created a ā€œDrum Machinesā€ folder in the root with an ā€œAcetone Rhythm-Aceā€ subdirectory that contained all the samples.

3 Likes

This is a great news!
It means that we can start exchange Digitakt sample packs, with a ready-to-use project included: very interesting

5 Likes

You need the latest Digitakt OS, version 1.21A. After that, everything will work as expected.

Does this still happen with Transfer 1.4? I cannot reproduce this.

1 Like

Yes. I had this folder there for some time, copied over using some older version of Transfer maybe half a year ago and this happened when I used the new version to backup everything. The one thing that may be the cause is that my Windows username contains nonstandard characters (from my own native language). I guess during the transfer it goes into temp dir somewhere on C first and then copied into other location. So it is probably some unfortunate combination of characters.
The exact string of the directory was ā€œ__Noiiz Drum Bass Kitsā€
The username is like this "c:\Users\UÅ¾Ć­vateľ\ "

2 Likes

I thought I had the oldest version of OSX on Elektronauts at 10.13, good to know Iā€™m leading the way! Iā€™m terrified of updating my mid-2012 i7 MBP any further though.

My mistake! Iā€™m on 10.15, holding off 10.16. I canā€™t keep the numbers straight. Come to think of it, I canā€™t keep the names straight, either.

I thought I did this just recently with SysEx librarian. Or maybe I am fooling myselfā€¦I will try again this weekend

I dunno. I am trying to back up a ARMkii project with transfer. The progress bar isnā€™t moving, the text says ā€œdownloading samplesā€. It has been sat like that forā€¦5 minutes.

I backed up this same project with sysex librarian at the weekend, took under 2 minutes to back up. Is that because sysex dump doesnā€™t take the samples too?

EDIT: I fired up sysex librarian while transfer was running, told it to record, and there are sysex messages being sent from the ARmkii, heh.

EDIT2: 15 minutes gone, no progress on the Transfer progress bar, no end in sight.

EDIT3: Nothing. Anyone have this working for MacOs 10.15 (Catalina) and ARMkii 1.61B?

EDIT4: I opened a ticket with Elektron. (Kind of wish theyā€™d speak to my OTHER favourite Chalmers spin off tech company: Quviq)

super cool! Thanks! Makes me wanna sample and speed up mooooooore!!! :wink: No worries of getting out of memory!

I am on OSX Sierra.
Will it work with 1.21A on DT?

Elektron says it will.

1 Like

Iā€™m on high Sierra and had no issues I imagine you MIGHT be okay.

1 Like

Thank you @astricii and @PeterHanes
Going to try it this weekend and will report back :slight_smile:

Thank you so much !!!
My Digitakt had almost zero storage left, I tried other methods of backing up but the best of this is that once you save your projects it will also include sample files (the actual file wav.) and sample orders per pattern . This will let me feel less anxious when clearing my favorite projects without losing samples ! (I know we are all anxious about that ! ).

At the beginning it was not working at all. After reading other people saying " Donā€™t forget the Update 1.21A ! " the software stared running like a plane ! (Thank you guys for that as well lol )