Transfer 1.2 update

Nice! A local backup of projects + samples/presets would be very welcome. One can never be too careful.

I just recently tried Elk-Herd (today actually had a 1st go at it) which is surprisingly neat for some internal housekeeping management/rearranging of DT Projects, backupping project Sysex and also removing clutter/unused samples from projects + quick renaming of projects/samples (only supporting DT at the moment) - was planning on gathering strength to be doing some maintenance tonight.

Also OB works like a charm and love the instant visual feedback on parameter changes/presets etc as you know the deal (evidentially you guys made it :slight_smile: ) Project/Sample/Preset management from within each dedicated OB standalone plug (machine) would also be nice (with that Save/Load option, drag n drop, etc) But if youā€™re planning to implement all this management/housekeeping into the Future Transfer app, its obviously all good too and greatly appreciated!

Was wondering if Transfer DT could also have the option to connect like a midi KB and playback the DT octave keyrange when previewing a sample, for quick referencing purposes? (somewhat like AudioFinder on Mac)

As to the dedicated standalone OB machine pages, would it be possible to add an extra page/tab and have an even better ā€˜Elk-Herdishā€™ levelled up (micro) management tool where you can dig even deeper and actually Preview projects and its individual Tracks (obviously along the lines of instant visual feedback on parameter changes + hearing the sound, e.g. have a quick instant preview play button in front of PTNs (to playback as a whole) and TRKs (preview individual parts)? Being able to drag and drop TRKs around and even construct (arrange) new PTNs within the Project would blow my mind???

Could even have a ā€˜drag and dropā€™ play in ā€˜chain modeā€™ sequence :wink: (SONG mode preview)

I dont know half of what magic apps/gear already is capable of doing? Very powerful stuff!..

(Got distracted away for a moment, and now understand the need for decksavers (things getting a bit dusty) With the latest excitement/presentation of the M:C pulling me back in, been dusting off my Elektron batch, rekindling fun productivity/exploration and am back to diving into the nitty gritty.)

Thanks for the nice work, cheers!

PS: would it be possible to add a sample Tab to the OB DT for quick sample cutting/visual ref? (better micro-editing, and quick moving around whilst happening inside the machine???) (optional transient detection for setting trim start marker, or ReCycle-ish chopping up parts even (e.g. breaks), or maybe by a btn click to jump/cycle on to the next spike ???)

1 Like

Will check this out this weekend for sure! Thank you

A couple bugs and workflow issues ive found
not sure this is the correct place to post this maybe needs new thread?

1ā€¦ after exiting a folder it jumps to the top making you lose track of where you were at
2ā€¦ renaming you have to delete all characters unable to edit or change the name
3ā€¦im having weird behavior as the list jump to the selected folder and it doesnt follow the scroll bar

Go for it, there is a Transfer category in Elektron software

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I feared as much, It will be a proper piece of kit when this is implemented imo.

How many people find this a problem, having not used one I think it would P*ss me off really badly but maybe Iā€™m missing something?

Hi,

Did someone had try to backup AR or A4 mk1 with transfer? I didnā€™t see anything in the manual. Apparently, itā€™s only work for sample transfer and OS upgrade?

Cheers

Itā€™ll come at some point to replace most of the C6 functionality

5 Likes

You reckon this will include a backup of the project sample pool? Because without that backing up is basically meaningless to me

Any updates on this? :wink: would be cool to be able to backup a project/kit with samples used etc!

Edit just seen the user Iā€™m replying to is no longer active :frowning:

4 Likes

I imagine it would probably be one of the next things to look at since theyā€™ve done a lot of firmware last year.

1 Like

hej - iā€™m looking for this version do you have archive ? (Iā€™m old and i have old mac 10.11)