Trainspotting 2

Just saw trainspotting 2.

Took myself out, just me for me. Ordered ticket online, payed via PayPal … seat last row, dead center.

The movie is a (constant) emotion. To me at least.

Go see it, but only if you seen and liked the first one.

nuff said.

4 Likes

SQUEEEEEEE !!! SO EXCITED !

:heart_eyes::purple_heart::blue_heart::heat::heat::heat::heat::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

Any epic Underworld tunes in this one ?

1 Like

cant beat born slippy. so the answer is NO

It’s great fun, especially if the original was your era.

2 Likes

There’s a couple of versions of BS, and DNL, however nothing as in your face as the original film.

Oh theres a prodigy remix of LFL as well.

1 Like

Cheers man … can’t wait to see this one.

Was a teenager when I saw the first in the theatre. Very powerful stuff ! Also since then I’ve always appreciated the actors and try and take notice of other movies they do. Johnny Miller hasn’t been in as many blockbusters as Ewan Mcgregor … but I still dig most things he’s in. Too funny that Begbie (Robert Carlyle) was the captain on Stargate Universe hehehe he’s been in a ton of things TV and movies.

1 Like

Haha yeah he’s the one actor that just doesn’t sit right, in other non violent roles.

I was in my early 20s when it was released and I was already obsessed with Irvine Welsh. When the film came out it blew me away.

I think that the fims success, very much depends on the amount of nostalgia felt by the viewer.

2 Likes

Saw this a couple of weeks back. Loved it! Not as good as the original but still great. My other half grew up in one of Edinburgh’s rougher areas and I’ve been their daily for uni/work for past 15 years or so so really great seeing some of the sights (both good and bad) up on the big screen. Spud is the star of the show!

The whole King Billy scene is hilarious. Might be one that only Scots will truly get (the Old Firm are a big driver behind this sort of nonsense) but still a hoot.

Soundtrack is excellent. There is a lot of Young Fathers on there which I liked. Not a fan of all of their stuff but, despite their backgrounds, they are widely classed as an Edinburgh band and have made some big splashes of late.

About the only non violent role I liked him in was probably The Full Monty!

well I noticed the credits said “Music by Rick Smith” so techncially, yes :slight_smile:

It’s a great OST actually, as was the original.

I thought it a worthy sequel to an era-defining film.

I think the film is too hard on Begbie - would have liked to have seen some “growth” although he does soften a bit re his sons ambitions.

Note the cameo by Irvine Welsh himself as the warehouse fence.

Yep he had a similar cameo in the original

Check out Robert Carlyle in “Hitler - The Rise of Evil”
He plays nutters so very very well!

1 Like

I remember that one … it was dope !