Track level controls pattern level?

On my current project I’ve noticed that when I adjust the active track level (when on Trig menu) the level of the whole pattern is also affected. When I go to the master mix page and adjust pattern level, the level of the active track is also adjusted. So it seems the active track level and pattern level have become weirdly intertwined.

I’ve loaded up a recent project to compare and that project is fine. Am I missing something here?

1 Like

Very strange. I haven’t heard about this as an issue before, and it does sound buggy, but before we declare it a bug let’s put a few more pieces of info on the table and see if someone or maybe I can figure it out. First off, are you on 1.50 or did you do the recent OS upgrade already? Are you only using audio tracks on that pattern or is there another midi controlled device with audio routed into the inputs? Since you said the second project was fine, it sounds like this mismatch of fader controls is imbedded into the current project (almost as if it’s deliberately set) so it was like that when you reloaded the current project? Did you attempt a power cycle (power off for a full 30 seconds and then power back on)? Are you running standalone or is it connected to a computer or overbridge? Did you attempt to change any routing or settings specifically in that project? Anything outside of the default?

Any details that you can remember might be a clue. It really might be a bug, but the way you’re describing it sounds suspiciously like a setting that I just can’t see past my own nose to determine. I’m honestly not aware of an audio routing which allows you to change the meaning of the level fader, but I’m not at all familiar with the latest OS, I assumed it was just a small update with a couple bug fixes from 1.50.

1 Like

Hmm, switched on this morning and issue was gone. I did try powering off/on last night, but not for a full 30 secs - good tip for next time :+1: I’m not connected to overbridge/daw, no external audio coming in to DN, pretty simple setup really. I’ll chalk this one up to a glitch in the matrix :blush:

1 Like

Hmm and now the issue has returned. What I have discovered is that Track Level and Pattern Volume share the same midi cc number (95). I have an external midi controller (Novation SL25 MKii) controlling cc95 via a fader, communicating on midi channel 10 (which is set as the auto channel on digitone). I wonder whether this may have something to do with it? How can Track Level and Pattern Volume share cc95? :thinking:

Edit: is it because I have auto channel and FX channel both set to 10? Do I need to specify a separate midi channel for FX?

Yes, this is likely to be the issue.

2 Likes

And so it was. I’ve simply turned off the FX midi channel for now. I suppose having a dedicated midi channel for FX allows Elektron to cram in more midi cc implementation? Either way, thanks for your help @pselodux & @shigginpit :+1:

2 Likes

That was some good deductive reasoning on your part. I guess once you started thinking about it outside the context of the behavior and looked at the bigger picture everything started falling into place. In retrospect, I probably should have asked how you were controlling the digitone but either way, glad you got it all sorted.

1 Like