Touch up paint for black mk2 side panels?

Managed to bash my new ARmk2 against my metal headphones while carefully putting it away which has created a small chip on the metal side panel :tired_face:

Not a big deal really, all my gear eventually acquires these bits of ā€œpersonalityā€, but I wasnā€™t quite ready for it yet with this one lol!

Itā€™s only a tiny mark so looks like you could mostly touch it up with some black paint, but Iā€™d hate to make it look worse. Wonder if anyone has any advice on a suitable paint/other substance (or just to leave it!)?

Get some pink paint to cover it up? Or ask Elektron if they send you a tiny bucket? Or a nice sticker?

1 Like

try black paint

ā€¦whenever i donā€™t wanna see a scratch no more and the box is blackā€¦
i pick one of my permanent markers to scratch backā€¦if itā€™s a shiny surface, i leave it the way it is after paint oversā€¦if itā€™s not a shiny finish, i dip the fresh markers path with a fingerā€¦

1 Like

this can work but it might not match exactly the paint color on the faceplate so depends if you feel like doing it or notā€¦a quick solution nonetheless

1 Like

ā€¦it will never match the same blackā€¦but itā€™s eyewashing enough and easilyā€¦only difference end of the day, will be the reflectivenessā€¦and that can be covered easily by proceeding the way i mentionedā€¦

1 Like

Yeah tbh this is the way I normally go and Iā€™ll probably do the same, can imagine making it worse trying to fix it! Scuffs show that you actually use it :dark_sunglasses: