Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

I actually prefer this rather than actual ‘50% random’

I still absolutely love the random modulating midi channel feature. I got something recorded tonight just showing the feature with just this, and MD and a virus, will try to upload soon

I’m also a T-1 newbie (had it 8 days) but am loving it although still haven’t completely got my head around some of it, it’s proving very intuitive so far. One thing I am slighlty confused about is the randomiser. It doesn’t really say much about it in the manual: “Each parameter for every track generates its own sequence when T-1 is started. The sequence can be changed
over time using a random walk algorithm, where each step changes randomly and gradually.” What I infer from this is that every parameter has a random sequence of 16 steps (as shown in the diagram in the manual). My understanding is that pressing and turning the random knob (starts off as red and turns blue, with all blue on the top row = 50% and all blue = 100%) sets the % chance of each step being modified over time based on the random rate (ctrl + random). So every parameter has a fixed randomness to start with, but setting the rate + random level will determine how the randomness changes over time. I may be wrong and to be honest it’s very difficult to determine what is happening by listening to the effect.

I am using the T-1 as master, DigiTakt as slave, with 1 - 16 midi channels mapped to Takt in. Takt has midi out to a MidiHub, connected to external gear. I can utilise the T-1 to sequence any of the 16 Takt tracks (8 internal and 8 external) , and also utilise any unused midi channels to use the Takt sequencer. Works very well.

1 Like

here’s a pretty rough recording I made using only 1 pattern, just emphasising the random midi channel modulation between the 16 different parts of virus

2 Likes

Alas, it seems Backup is currently broken on Mac OS 11 (Big Sur). Torso says they will be fixing it in a forthcoming update.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m having the same problem with my T-1. Did you every get word from Torso?

Thanks

Hello. After some back and forth with Torso it was determined that the TRS MIDI In jack needed servicing. So I’m sending the unit back to them. They were great, very nice and responsive. I suggest contacting them with the details of your issue.

3 Likes

Hi, anyone know where to get one now? Live in Sweden.

I think thy are out of stock… waiting for a new batch

omg, again accidently erased my patterns aarg, i hate this.

Ahhh this happened to me to…Now if I do copy/pasting I always look if a green button is glowing

Hello — got to the bottom of the issue with Torso. From them: “it was a manufacturing issue in the midi in circuit.” They fixed it quickly and are shipping the unit back. Hopefully this is helpful. Be safe.

I know there’s a crazy bug in the MIDI Sync functionality on T-1… but has anyone had luck syncing it via Analog Clock?

I do not understand the run/stop input… does one need to feed a sustained note into it or a single pulse?

The clock input is pretty straightforward, but not the Run/Start input.

interesting. I was planning on syncing it to my octatrack clock, and I’d like to have the octatrack send it start/stop messages too, will try soon and see if it works.

still having trouble loving the T-1 for its price though, especially in a world with oxi’s and hapax.

4 Likes

T1 syncs/starts/stops perfectly with Octatrack here👍

4 Likes

Yep same, got it syncing from Octa via MioXM - so usb rather than DIN

1 Like

Pre-orders are open for the next T-1 batch

The latest T-1 batch sold out almost instantly and we were once again blown away by the support. We are putting all our efforts into producing more units, but are like most other manufacturers affected by the global chip shortage.

Due to the current market situation and demand, we are now offering pre-orders for the next batch.

Pre-orders are available at our website and will ship in August 2022

2 Likes

Also, they mentioned that a major new firmware update is on the horizon. No details, though.

4 Likes

And this !

Oh, and we are adding a free T-1 carry case for all pre-orders!

1 Like

I would like to preorder a Torso T1. Do I have to pay now, or is the amount due in august ?

Whaaaat? They did do the CC tracks? Hahahaha

Understood secondhand (upinthisthread) that it was not in the plans. But happy they decided to do it. Looking forward!

1 Like