Toraiz Squid multitrack sequencer

Hey, cool.
Try to copy on other pads than the first, or just copy part of your pads and repeat them :crazy_face::partying_face:
Havfun

1 Like

Cheers. Some little things have quite a big impact. Your help is really appreciated. :+1:

3 Likes

I felt this way as well, and replaced the SQUID with the NI Maschine+ in my studio. When the SQUID served as my main sequencer, it absolutely did not fit my sequencing workflow or foundational requirements (i,e., song mode, etc). I actually knew that the SQUID was not going to fulfill my needs as a primary sequencer upon purchase, but took the risk on the possibility of further improvements and feature additions. As with all gambles, lose some, win some. Not a big deal.

With that said, based on the strong likelihood of zero future updates or improvements, I plan to add the SQUID back into my studio as a secondary sequencer tool to use in conjunction with Maschine+. Hopefully, this sequencer setup will keep me satisfied until my Sequentix Cirklon 2 is available for delivery, which not any time soon.

2 Likes

Big fan of the Squid. GAS killer for me.

3 Likes

Same here. I used to play it in conjonction with other sequencers. Thats the only way to have something like the ultimate sequencer. A kind of modular approach of sequencing.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, what worked most harmoniously?

I’ve got the Keystep Pro + Vector Sequencer, and am interested in trying to figure out how the Squid plays with them.

1 Like

same here! I plan to use it to feed notes into my Cirklon

3 Likes

Thats one of my beloved sequencer :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Okay. Another operational question in afraid.

I’ve read the manual but I’m still at a loss.

How do you transpose chords?

Cheers for any pointers.

Bugger. Just worked it out!

I know I may be a bit thick but the manual for the squid is a bit vague for my brain! :crazy_face::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

how is the squid working out for you?

Did anybody figure out how program changes work with the Squid? Trying all possible settings with my Elektron devices but no luck so far… when I change the program change setting in a track on the Squid nothing happens, program change channel on my Elektron devices (AF and DT) is set on auto.

Sorry for the slow reply.

As for adding the SQUID to supplement the Maschine+ sequencer, the workflow change fills the functionality gaps as intended. The SQUID is only used for approximately 10% of the sequencing duties, and its MIDI tracks are often eventually transferred to the Maschine+.

The workflow process feels mildly cumbersome with three active sequencers in the loop: SQUID, Maschine+, and SP-16. Nevertheless, I am satisfied until better solution is available to me.

Thanks for the inquiry!

3 Likes

Hi guys! How does it compare Squid sequencer for melodic parts IN USE, say to Octatrack or Force?
Thanks!

Hey, Elektronauts team. If anyone could help me with this problem, I’d be ever so grateful.

Just got a Squid, and am excited to use it, but every time I turn it on, the pads are flashing red endlessly. I can move through tracks (e.g. using Track button plus a pad for track number) but the pad lights keep flashing. It’s on the newest firmware, it does this whether or not anything is plugged into MIDI or USB. I can’t seem to figure out why it’s flashing and how to stop it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Strange, I do not recognize this behavior, sounds like an issue with the firmware or device. Hope you get it fixed!

2 Likes

Can you do a factory reset?

Big fan of your NDLR performances by the way, thinking of adding it to the Squid to record cord progressions. Would be great to learn from you how that works out!

There’s no hard factory reset, only a single reset in the options, unfortunately.

Hey thanks!

Ultimately, I took this Squid back. Pioneer DJ told me they didn’t know what the problem was and that it was likely defective. Got a bead on one more Squid, and going to try that. I really want to give this one a spin!

1 Like