Toon Track Superior Drummer 3 WAV

Greetings!

Tapping into the Elektronauts wealth of knowledge. I am an all hardware guy, don’t have or use or plan to use a DAW. Any way to convert to WAV files/samples from Toontrack to load into my Rytm?

I have done a bit of reading and it doesn’t seem like it, but I know you guys are sharp with these things.

Happy Friday All!!

Youre either gonna have to use a sampler or use a daw. If youre on the computer anyway just grab a trial of something and just sample the individual hits. I had to do this for polyplex cause it compresses files into a unique format so I cant just grab the files, its probably something similar for SD. You could really do with a DAW anyway to be honest mate, it adds a lot to a setup. I couldnt live without logic, as much as I enjoy working with hardware

Hey jb,

Thanks for the response. I am pretty happy with my process using my Rytm and samples like Loop Loft, but I’ve heard good things and have been curious about Toontrack.

Having a learning disability, learning a DAW for me is like learning to speak German or Chinese. It would take years and the benefits do not warrant the effort and time.

Thanks Bro!!

There may be a licensing issue to consider here, as the samples supplied with Superior Drummer are probably licensed specifically for use in their product. I doubt they allow use of the individual samples in other software / devices.

RiK,

Great point sadly.

Ive used superior drummer 2, its fantastic but it is a very DAW style way of processing and mixing drums, Its not worth the cost to just sample it and be done with it. I recommend checking out reddit.com/r/drumkits for all sorts of samples. Superior drummer is great for the level of control you get over drum samples but if you dont do DAWs I can almost assure you it wont be your thing

1 Like

So if I use a drum VST it could cause problems if I sample it? Its not like he’d be distributing it for other people to use, I never really thought about sampling a VST you own as a problem

Thanks jb

I think there’s probably a bit of a grey area somewhere, but there’s likely to be a difference between re-sampling the output of a VST and using said VST’s original sample material directly.

Better off just buying a decent sample library in the first place and using it for the purpose intended.

I agree on buying a sample library in this case but I frequently build kits from bits and pieces from different VSTs, I wonder where this puts me legally. I doubt theres ever been serious legal issues over an individual drum hit, could well be wrong though. Obviously a whole sample library is probably a bit different but how would anyone know you didnt use the VST

Normally it’s okay to sample as long as you don’t redistribute.