Tonverk: User Thread

I’ve never noticed it with any other devices, but different use case here, as the only time I’ve powered other Elektrons with these banks was when traveling and I didn’t leave them plugged in for extended periods.

Everything else I’ve used with the power banks have rechargeable batteries, so naturally they draw power even when turned off.

Kind of odd that it happens, but thanks for chiming in so I at least know it’s not entirely abnormal.

Tried my TV as a remix machine yesterday and it was pretty darn fun. A local Nashville band called Palm Ghosts (kinda gothy new wave) gave me stems for quite a few of their songs. I normally do remixes ITB, but I loaded everything into the TV just for fun and it really was fun. Subtracks serve as a nice sample pool once everything’s loaded in. I think I’ll at least be starting all my future remixes this way. Recommended

21 Likes

How is the compressor in that box?

the Verk compressor sounds v good to my ears. it’s sidechain function currently can’t not-compress the source though. that’s a bit of an issue for sidechaining duties. hopefully that’ll be added like it is on the digi2’s.

5 Likes

Seems very similar to Digis.

1 Like

Anyone have their usb audio just kind of crap out randomly? I tried my usual recording to iPhone (Mavis Camera), did a quick take, adjusted the level down on 16 (there was some hard clipping), recorded again, then bam there it was - hard random dropouts and some garbling on all subsequent recordings. I checked and no it’s not Degrader :laughing:

USB connection is solid, tried other apps (Ferrite), rebooting Tonverk with different usb connection procedures, different cables etc.

I’m working on a single vocal sample based track and the Tonverk is doing awesomely. Just can’t figure this out

Do you connecting your iPhone to USB port 1? Man from one local chat had a trouble with that, until connect TV properly as in manual.
Usb1 for data
Usb2 for power supply

2 Likes

Yep always power into usb-2 and data/audio in/out of 1

1 Like

Haven’t investigated it further, but I found out that if my iPad app is using audio in and audio out through a USB cable, there is some feedback loop which sometimes is okay sometimes starts to degrade/distorted sound. If I use an app like Moog Model D with only audio out, everything is okay.

1 Like

I did have a feedback loop but thought I’d fixed it by setting the input monitoring levels to 0 on the main bus. Will try again tonight perhaps there’s a better way. Thanks.

Edit: was fixed on the iOS app side, somehow I had monitoring enabled in both apps I use for recording

Anyone successfully connected to Adam audio d3v monitors over usb?

the little ones?
yea i have mine set up over usb. works a charm with my macbook m1.

edit: oh wait, I didn’t see I’m in the Tonverk thread :sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

disregard my post

2 Likes

Host?

1 Like

Same but I was hoping to connect directly for a portable setup like the op-xy

1 Like

yea i was way off. totally misread your question. I’m moving house today n am all over the shop haha

1 Like

Now that we’re mostly getting into a stable workflow,

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve auto-sampled?

Is there a way to change the order of effects on a track, bus, etc. ? Basically just reversing the order of the two?

I searched for an answer and the results (ai) said to drag and drop… which has me very confused at the moment.

2 Likes
maybe

maybe read the manual…

An AI will tell you all sorts of things, but it doesn’t have control over whether they’re right or wrong. This is because of the technical limitations of AI, which works with language rather than facts.
So it’s always best to check answers yourself, ask some smart questions, and make sure you know where the info’s coming from.
If you’re struggling to figure out the manual, throw it into an AI, make sure you’re using only the manual as source, and then ask.

1 Like

No you can’t change the order currently.

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to not trust a manual for a rushed product, considering its history