Only waiting now for the showcase of the new elektron hub…
Streaming the other units and hardware effect pedals to the tonverk.
Why are you disappointed? You don’t even know what this device is capable of.
it looks amazing so i feel totally the opposite.
DTII is so well done and immediate - i think there is space in the line up for both. To each their own tho.
I very nearly spent £360 on a secondhand 1010 Tangerine this week to allow me to multi sample synths I don’t want to take with my mobile rig. Looking at the specs I was thinking it was a shame I couldn’t have the same level of sound mangling applied to it as you can on the Digitakt. I guess I need a €1500 Tonverk instead ![]()
is this sold as a sampler? because they could put some synths in there as updates
Syd Mead designed the sets for the OG Bladerunner film.(Patch name used from Tonverk image above). Could this suggest something more than granular synthesis?
Ability to use a USB class compliant audio interface here?
They could but I suspect we wont see any FM or subtractive synths, to keep it segmented from the Digitone II.
Possibly it could be where we see them implement a proper polyphonic granular machine (I was hoping for poly, granular and multi samplers on the Digitakt II, but I’m pretty sure Tonverk means it won’t get any of them) or some interesting less common synthesis options to compete with stuff the minifreak and co have: karplus-strong, etc.
Hmm… It has a yellow-green button, so there has to be some synth functionality, right? Otherwise it would have been yellow-orange. Maybe it will be added in the first update.
well, they don’t “segment” it from the Digitakt II, why should they do this from the tone?
Synth functionality in the sense that polyphonic multisampler with filter, fx, envs and lfos is synthesis. A powerful rompler if you like.
Son Wu has just done a video on this, with a translated spec list (the Reddit post has it in its original German)
![IMG_9391|690x390]
(upload://jSIwd5hV63AnI64DofM3bwhkp9g.jpeg)
Yes, that could be it, I suppose.
It could be that… I don’t think enough like a money making man. I guess in 6 months there will be a tonverk thingie coming out, that is like a Digitone II, but bigger with a little more bells and whistles
I think they have segmented it from the Digitakt II.
Digitakt has slice machine etc and is more focused on drum and mono tracks.
Tonverk has auto sampler/multisamples, polyphony, mixer and fx focus.
I have a feeling the Tonverk will become the device you send your Digitakt/Digitone audio into (multitrack over usb hopefully) to mix and apply fx.
The Tonverk looks like a great “make a whole song in one box” device to start with but eventually I think it’s intended to fall a little short of what people want in a drum sampler/sequencer - compelling them to add a DTII, Syntakt or AnalogR. Also similarly fall short on advanced synthesis, compelling them to add a DNII or Analog4.
If you’ve got a DTII you’ll be looking for an option to do poly, so you can now add Tonverk or DNII.
If you’ve got DN and want to add samples you can add Tonverk or DT.
My suspicion is, if you’ve got a DTII and a DNII (and Syntakt, or any of the other boxes with OB) and you’re wondering how to better integrate the two with quality FX, you’re going to be compelled to do it with the Tonverk and a few usb cables rather than mixer and multifx box and a rats nest of audio and midi cables.
ok, sounds reasonable
for this I use my Mac with ableton or my iPad. But the Dawless community is strong
If they let you host your own interface through one of those USB-C ports with, for example, 8 i/o, and you have the ability to trig record that… well that would be great. If it would also enable 2 cable operation, 1 for power and 2nd for all other stuff through USB with low latency, that would be amazing for the studio. And when you want to move it around you just unplug those and that’s it.
Multi sampling is basically slices with a different root note on each … and a better interface to record / arrange it …
The bigger ‘new’ thing for an elektron box is polyphonic playback / just like 30 yrs ago … assuming it’s a real tech spec
Overall the spec sheet is good , lots of tracks , lfo’s, fx types , sd card ( and presumably readable on mac / pc )
I won’t buy day 1 due to experience of buying other gear that was buggy and too much gear already sat doing nothing . Perhaps if I sell things and a few firmware updates in the next six months .


