Tomorrow : Octatrack is back?

What new Units in stock ? New Firmware ? Octatrack MKII ? hihihi
Let’s see that tomorrow :slight_smile:

if i were a betting man, i’d say OS update!

i’m hoping for an OS update as well, but yea probably just a restock :frowning:

I’ll bet you a pound!

That would be such a massive troll from elektron, they know everybody is craving for a new update

I have a sneaking suspicion this isn’t strictly an OS upgrade they’re teasing…

Best case scenario, it’s a hardware upgrade they’ll offer that lets you use Overbridge,. To be honest, I’d not be too upset if that’s the case, as processors get faster over time, and there’s no way they could have predicted that Overbridge might be on the horizon in their future. Ideally this could have afield upgrade option, so they all don’t have to be shipped out to get upgraded.

Another good scenario would be simply an OS update that isn’t just bug fixes. I highly doubt they’d make a youtube video to announce impending bug fixes.

Worst case scenario for us previous owners is a MKII (unless it’s a MK II where our MKI’s can be upgraded).

As a minimum, it just needs to do the things it’s meant to do well, i.e. pickup machines

it could really do with some of the UI shortcuts the analog machines have to speed up workflow

I will find it tough if it’s a new box, it’s clearly still very powerful, just needs a bit of programming love, new toys are welcome, but i’ll vote for ‘running better’ over ‘running more’ every time

haha seriously, i am very excited either way. Interesting the AG-KW oktakontrol octopus is in the painting, maybe i’m looking too far into it but better midi controller support would be great. Can anyone hear anything in the sound clip that might allude to new FX?

At the very least I would say “Octatrack is back” just sounds like they are getting them back in stock. But I hope this also includes an OS update. Why would they make such a big deal out of it unless it was just in really high demand. I thought some of the analog boxes went out of stock as well and they didn’t do anything special for it. Come on new OS!

According to my source OS update (1.25c) just consists of sampler/timestretch bug fixes and they wanted to release it today (monday).
Maybe it’s just Elektron’s brain streaking tricks i dunno

Octatrack with Overbridge technology via OS upgrade… Now that would be a cool touch ???

… you don’t put a video together to say you can buy our product again tomorrow, do you?

That would be fine with me. Especially if the “sampler” bug fixes include fixes to the pickup machine bugs.

I think so. The Octatrack has been out of stock for what… over a year now?? That is pretty crazy, I’ve heard they had trouble finding a part, something slowed production to a halt. I think also, they put RYTM production into over drive due to demand, so that probably slowed the Octa production as well. I just sold my Octa to get a RYTM, knowing I will buy back the Octa one day. I am hoping for an MK2, with Overdrive and SD card.

really, really, really hoping for this. overbridge is going to be great for the analog boxes, but the Octatrack would obviously benefit the most from it, and for me it’s an absolute must. really hoping they listened to all of our feedback on the forum and are going to offer this.

I am hoping for an MK2, with Overdrive and SD card. [/quote]
Why would you want the slower media? SD cards can at most transfer 10MB/s (Class 10 cards) whereas the 266x CF cards included with the current OT is ~40MB/s.
I say have it take 2.5" SATA 3.0 SSD’s (make it easily removable). Then we could see storage at 512GB’s to 1TB supported.

First post, but long time lurker and reasonably happy dark trinity user. I received a new OT a couple of days ago from what I think is a completely new production run, due to a failed repair under warranty of my old one. Apart from a rather fancy USB cable with braided jacket and Elektron logos, the biggest surprise in the box was that the OT is physically different. Gone is the grainy, sturdy paint job, which is now replaced by the same matte finish of the A4 and AR. Might not be related to that Facebook post, but who knows…

…overbridge is not even seen at the horizon yet…
but if i imagine some protocol that offers complete capturing of all tracks at once, in one rush of a performance, leading to single audio tracks on a computer…i get wet pants!

still not sure if this will ever be possible…usb 2 as a pipe for 8 stereo streams…!?..and it definitly can’t work with a master track involved…i guess.

a mk2 version would be an affront to me…don’t dare so, guys…you can’t give the world a new machine leaving the old one in such an unfinshed mess… or let’s better call it headroom for improvements…and i really don’t see any need for an hardware update anyway…

a simple back in stock teaser is no option…they’ve been in stock again and again all the time…just not available directly via elektron…

all it needs is some care for the os…

and if so…will i dare to update three weeks before the big show premiere, where i gonna use it for the first time on stage…?

but you guys are all first adopters from the heart, right…?
so, you will let me know pretty fast…hopefully…

I love this place when Elektron give a teaser. Imaginations in overdrive!

It’ll be an o/s update. What will that bring? Who knows, there’s a million things I’d like to see.

Was interesting to read Groefboks comment on his OT paint job. I much prefer the “grainy” look to my A4’s chip friendly sleek look myself.

In a fantasy world Eletkron will bring out some sort of expansion that brings Overbridge technology as well as finally sorting out pickups to work in slave mode (along with the rest of the things I want to see tweaked!). One can dream!

Hmm???