Today it occurred to me

…that I can use an LFO to modulate the choice of chord in a chord machine…

9 Likes

That I can only take getting hit with things while weed whacking so many times before I become violently angry. It also occurred to me that I need to just let that go.

13 Likes

The technical term for this is “cacophony”

8 Likes

That would depend on how much time elapses between the chords and how long they last.

2 Likes

… sets 8 tracks to Chord Machine

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Does this really deserve an entire thread with a vague description?

1 Like

Depends how many people want to join in with how shit they think it is after that one demo they looked at on YouTube.

1 Like

Yes, I often have profound thoughts like this while on the toilet as well

2 Likes

Spend enough time on the toilet and you’ll reach the point that LFO assignment is nothing short of our future built on automation, which only leads us to the eventual robot takeover. Oh fuck. Syntakt already has the evil red buttons so we must be doomed.

2 Likes

Only if you’re playing techno. Then it sound more like techno Jazz (but only if you can convince people you’re doing it on purpose).

More on topic… I prefer not automating chord choice (manual only) but I do like automating the inversions (balance).

What’s interesting about Syntakt is that I do want access to more LFOs. In Digitakt I’m fine with the 2 (and as a new user I didn’t have to suffer from when there was only one - or at least, I’ve understood there was only one before??). I haven’t used the loop-back option yet but I likely will if I’m only using Syntatk. 3 LFOs would be the perfect number I think.

1 Like

That there is an undo. When I typed in Undo in the manual PDF…it wasn’t listed. That’s because its posted as “undone” on the manual. I love the fact Cuckoo showed me!

New to the Elektron world. Growing pains. Funny how some said it was complicated. I think its streamline as hell and loving the journey.

3 Likes

I like the idea of expanding this thread into a place where we can share other recent insights.

3 Likes

Me too👍🏼

Ah, you “did the research”!

1 Like

I’m also relatively new. It’s definitely streamlined, not complicated. I think it gets that rep either because people are liars, or maybe its because these boxes can do lots of different things and then there’s multiple ways to do some of the same things.

Like pattern copying - Dead simple instructions, but if you want to copy/paste a pattern without stopping playback it becomes a longer set of instructions. Still straight forward, but not obvious.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SVCCBWQ

Unclear if the oscillation is low frequency or audio rate. Probably need to upgrade to a higher end model for PWM.

2 Likes

Sounds like TE’s next “field” product! :rofl:

2 Likes

Announcing Field House 1 (FH-1)

5 Likes

Only £1999

3 Likes