Tips for the model samples paired with a model cycles

I’m focusing on the model samples paired with a model cycles for my dawless jams. There are many videos going over what works with the DT+DN pairing but I couldn’t find anything for those of us rocking the model series.

Things I need to figure out

1. How to make pattern changes on one unit trigger the same pattern change on the other.

2. How best to capture the jams for editing and posting. I’m currently using an ipad with AUM but I’m not sure it’s the best way to get isolated tracks for more editing. Of course we don’t get overbridge but are there any tips to do something similar?

Any other tips (or videos) for rocking this pair effectively?

2 Likes

Check out the config menu. Settings -> Midi - > Out Chan -> PCH Out and Settings -> Midi - > In Chan -> PCH In allow you to set up a dedicated midi channel that seems purpose made for this. Only own a Cycles myself but there must be people here who’ve done it. And I’ve seen videos on youtube of tunes that exploit this.

Seems like your only investment needed is a mini-jack cable from the out port on one to the in port on the other.

3 Likes

He chooses a new pattern at 0:32 … both models change what they’re playing.

2 Likes

Was it really that easy??!! It worked. Thanks for the nudge. I should have figured that out myself! LOL

2 Likes

Seems not THAT popular to pair these two Babies?

Dunno, you may be right, but funnily enough I was listening to this when your notification came in

2 Likes