Tip for beginners - quick quantising mute changes

• While in Mute mode press and hold [Chain], pads will turn yellow.
  • Set your desired “next” mute state pressing pads.
  • Release [Chain] button. Pads to be muted will turn half bright green.

In the next pattern’s restart your mute state changes will apply.

Besides the half bright MUTE pads, - Mode - 's led s will turn both half bright to let you know that you are performing mute this way.

This is a quick way of having mute changes quantised also you can free your hands to perform other tasks, like drink a whiskey or pet your cat.

4 Likes

Hey!
Thats very nice! Thanks for that! :+1:

My pleasure!

Way cool! I wonder why this is not documented tho… This combined with function + muting gives all the muting options one might need :+1:

gbravetti, aka Rytm Ninja!

gbravetti dropping knowledge on a regular around here.

I love these elektron boxes, always learning new tricks.

If this is the same feature as the
song mutes, it’s documented in the manual. You can also achieve this by holding down the Song button while on the mute page.

but in the song edit menu, you can have the same pattern with different mute configurations. So A1 could be repeated several times but different tracks are on or off. Cool feature and quick way to build a song with one pattern.

Whoa, thanks mate, that’s a great feature I was looking for!!

I think there is bug on the RYTM with the feature. Whenever I do “Chain + Mute” a pad, the bottom row of the display turned blank and I’m unable to see the knob positions of the bottom row.

Does anyone else have this issue with the quantized mutes?

You don’t see the knob positions but it does show the parameter and value, this is so you can see your pattern chain. Press the encoder to see current value.