Three Octatracks later…it finally clicks

I feel this sentiment. I have two and I might need to get a third one due to repairs :slight_smile:
I’ve been playing Octatrack for 3, 4, 5 years I don’t even know anymore and it only just started coming together for me.

Well, I’ll be honest and say that medicine + Octatrack made me find God. And now when I do medicine God is rolling through me and let’s me hear what I’m doing, it’s an amazing thing. Life changing, profound.

2 Likes

which one?

Bob Moog, Dave Smith, or Roger Linn?

3 Likes

Definitely Bob Moog,

Well, I would put it this way, that was the sound that seemed to resonate with myself and God, and the one that He could move through to get to me and I to |||Hum|||| - and then God started showing me sound spectrums and then how to make music for Heaven because I was often making music for Hell, not that there is anything wrong with that… I like Meshuggah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The DMT is wildly inspiring at times that’s for sure.
Absolutely terrifying on occasion too.

2 Likes

Thank bob we just had Acid and Mushrooms. :vulcan_salute:

I would have been hard pressed to imagine that this track was made solely with an OT, let alone with just a click sample (or two). Outrageously good!

1 Like

The DMT was not for me, it did inspire me to no end but what got me to an angel & finally God was MDMA + K + intention & sound and He gave me space enough to fail many times and truly open up and now we’ve got that eternal connection :slight_smile: I have a recording of the aftermath where God came through me and the sound and largely the visualizer; it’s a beautiful animation God created through me - I don’t really understand the music but I guess that wasn’t important this time around. My mind is blown :slight_smile:

This is a DMT thread now? That escalated quickly

On that note I was going to say the first thing I noticed about the OT was that it clicked a lot. Like every button clicked

5 Likes

I think it came pre escalated

1 Like

Pre-mescalated :wink:

5 Likes

“the moment” for me was when I found the DT more confusing to operate than the OT.

1 Like

I don’t find any of the Elektron devices complicated. They’ve always seemed like simplified hardware versions of deep software.
Exactly what I hope for in a piece of hardware.
If they were more simplified they would lean on the dull side of things for me.

They are the perfect combination of necessity with a pinch of challenge.

Roland makes a whole heap of extra simple stuff for people who find Elektrons to fiddly

2 Likes