Thread for complaining about synth prices

This isn’t a cynical thread. There’s a thread for HW and SW deals, let this be a general purpose thread for discussing price of whatever synth or machine you want to discuss! All TE and Moog and Behringer and whatever can go here!

Anyway it’s an idea…

12 Likes

Prices are just too high !

13 Likes

:slight_smile:

The antidote for

3 Likes

better call Marshall Lucky

I wanted to buy a pint of organic heavy cream yesterday and saw that it was now around $7 which is about the same price as a gallon of organic milk.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Why is Marx holding a fondue fork?!

5 Likes

New car prices are positively stupid right now. Something like 15% of new financed car sales have monthly payments exceeding $1000.

3 Likes

Rent is too damn high!

10 Likes

Well it’s not cheap but good for them that someone is still going to see it, right?

3 Likes

It’s a tuning fork for a Klavins Model 450 Vertical Piano.

3 Likes

That’s disturbing. Like the high dive at your local pool.

I thought he was just super into lacrosse fwiw.

2 Likes

Tune forks out!

Pretty simple. Prices are too high, so I don‘t buy anything.

Another pretty obvious thing, wealth is not shared fair and we are at a tipping point. Only thing I don‘t understand is why people are starting to attack each other and not starting to eat the rich.

Listen to rage against the machine and take the power back :wink:

And Marx on teenage products is cynical. Those stuff is no longer for making music, it‘s toys for rich kids that also happen to be Instruments sometimes.

12 Likes

as someone who likes TE products and isnt a ‘rich kid’, thank god this thread was made for posts like this lol

4 Likes

I just want to add that the second-hand market prices are sometimes insane too, and, in my opinion, not following any logic.

There are some Prophet 12 module on Reverb, the lowest being at 1344€, the highest at 2280€.
Ok, it’s discontinued, but I don’t think that would justify almost 1000€ more to a fair price.

2 Likes

It seems only fair to have this thread for folks to complain about not being able to afford what they want, when there’s the “show your latest purchase” thread, and the “f@ck it” thread.

I’m old and finally at a place in life where I can buy myself things I never could before, so I get it.

1 Like

Thanks for creating a space to vent that doesn’t add noise to the gear thread! Maybe we should pin this post?

That new Teenage Engineering microphone, mixer and desk are way out of my price range! They look cool but I probably will never buy. Now that speaker of theirs…

I also wish the Trigon 6 was about $1500 cheaper.

2 Likes

I’m old and I can still only afford consolation prizes :frowning:

3 Likes

If I had a million bucks, I would buy everyone here a synth. Pinky promised.

7 Likes