Thoughts on adding to DT + AF?

currently i have a DT and a A4. if i add an octa (i saw an mk I in a good price) do you think im going to have a redundant setup?

That depends on what you will use the OT for; what is missing from your music that you cannot do with DT and AF?

1 Like

i use mainly the AR for bass and melody and the DT for drums … thinking in the OT to include my blofeld (using th OT song mode that the DT doesnt have) in the loop and also as a effect /mixer. Any other idea or inspiraton that justifies the investment?

Have you considered that the AR and AF have a Song mode and that the DT can sequence your Blofeld?

1 Like

Yes but the A4 can only sequence via ccv and the DT can sequence via midi but without song mode

Of course this is true, but your AF in Song mode could change patterns on the DT if you connected them using MIDI.

You could also connect an instrument to the AF’s external input to use its effects.

With an AF, DT and Blofeld you are already exhausting the OT’s capabilities as a mixer.

I’m not recommending that you don’t buy an OT but it would be a shame to buy one if you already have the functions you are looking for. The OT could possibly replace the DT to retain a small setup.

5 Likes

Excellent tip Peter, how can i change the midi in the DT sequence via from the A4?

You can use MIDI Program Change messages from the AF to the DT to force the DT to change to another pattern at the same time as the AF.

This can be a little fiddly in practice, but it does mean that you can use the AF’s Song mode to control your other instruments.

2 Likes