This guy is stealing our uploads and claiming them as his own

I would love to hear your music. But not steal it.

6 Likes

A few of my tracks posted on soundcloud had rapping over it. Which was actually pretty cool to hear, I just wish he didn’t claim making the beat when he collabed with another soundcloud user. There was a LOT of my stuff there.

5 Likes

This is probably a good lesson, there has to be more here to be sad about than angry, it’s an upsetting situation but the person behind it is not some criminal mastermind, just some sad human.

I don’t know, I have mixed feelings.

1 Like

Motherfucker has a lot of videos going up. Basically posting a video a day, some of them pretty long and some looking like they took more than a few hours to put together.

Again, it does explain all the psytrance, because when you’re making that much effort putting videos together, you need a genre you can rely on to take up zero mental energy/time/talent.

And stealing other people’s shit of course.

Literally zero redeeming features.

5 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/ao_live/i-wanted-to-make-great-music-experimental-electro-breaks-perf-on-elektron-machinedrum-sps-1uw

this one’s mine. Edit: scuppered his scloud

fuck this, there must be a better way.
https://solidproject.org/ shared this in the share something thread. think it’s the only way forward for the small folk.

11 Likes

Did he use the prompt ‘17th century petty thief holding a stolen violin’ into DALL-E to get his profile pic?

15 Likes

What a shit show.

3 Likes

The uploads of my tracks were clipping pretty hard. That’s probably what’s making content matching difficult

1 Like

was there any content showing the persons face on youtube? I’m trying a facial recognition search…

1 Like

No faces that I’ve seen, but his latest video shows a guy’s profile as his performing on a big setup.

maybe he is a manipulator … he just didn’t do this to one person or a handful for track…and we know @Eaves tracks and video on YouTube are quality pieces.

wow, it’s very sad and disturbingly criminal behavior .

2 Likes

There was talk about incidents like this on another forum I used to visit. It was a forum for mostly professionals doing film/TV work and many had their reels and music stolen from YouTube and in some cases registered so they actually got copyright strikes against their own music posted to YouTube.

From what I read it sounded like a nightmare to sort out using legal channels. Not that anyone is going to steal my stuff, but I pulled most of my stuff online as places like SoundCloud have become overrun by bots and spammers.

Honestly there is no excuse for stealing content like this and passing it off as your own. The guy should be punished, no matter what sob story they gave. This is not a grey area like sampling, this is more akin to identity theft.

7 Likes

That’s it, I’m dropping a name tag every thirty seconds on my jams from now on

10 Likes

Maybe it is an AI behind the whole thing.

AI Muzikk?

4 Likes

If he’s a manipulative, abjectly terrible person, then a) approaching our conversation with malice will have no effect on his behaviour, and b) approaching our conversation with kindness but firmness will have no effect on his behaviour.

If he’s not a manipulative, abjectly terrible person, then a) approaching our conversation with malice may push him toward being more terrible, and b) approaching our conversation with kindness but firmness may encourage him to do better in the future.

So when I talked to him, I went with b.

I got a very human response back, not one that makes up for his actions, but one that contextualized them (hence me saying “sad rather than heinous”). Maybe I’m being manipulated, but if there’s a chance to improve subsequent behaviour, to see a better future outcome, then I’ll take that over trying to be an arbiter of punishment.

28 Likes

Imagine waking up every day to do something like that. Grim.

7 Likes

Man, I hate finding out about behavior like this. The lowest of the low. No apology would make up for it, in my opinion. How do you go about finding your material in his stacks upon stacks of ‘content’? I don’t really want to sort through all the nonsense he posted, though I also don’t post my stuff in this forum that much anyway.

Sorry to those folks he stole from, such bullshit.

1 Like

mans don’t lie

1 Like

You’re a better man than me.

10 Likes

please share if you want to. edit: @Kegeratorz is right, no need to fight hate (sad human antics) with hate.

2 Likes