This DT is house

A house track done on the Digitakt, arranged in Ableton.
Loosely inspired by the Theo Parrish, Moodymann sound.
Thanks for listening. I’d love your comments/feedback if you’re into house or deep house.

10 Likes

there are people creating music with their DT while others just wait for an OB to work, good track men.

7 Likes

really nice vibe!

1 Like

Thanks!
You’re so right. I’m also waiting for OB but in the meantime I’ve recorded many tracks. I’ve got a template in Albleton Live and I’m now super fast at recording the separate tracks from the DT. :slight_smile:
Let’s see if we see a crazy amount of new releases when OB ships!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

I like it, it’s very cool. If I’d offer any feedback, it’s that you’re mixing pretty hard drums with a fairly soft track overall. I’d maybe consider finding slightly less cut-through drums with that cool vibe you otherwise got going.

1 Like

Nice track mate :slight_smile:

Could u share with us how u use Ableton template to rec individual tracks ? Cheers

1 Like

Very nice. Time to come up with how to it live! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I think you’re right on the money here. I worked on the drums first and when the chords were done I didn’t go back and pay attention to how well they worked together in term of sound color. Need to keep that in mind for next time.

1 Like

Thanks.
For Ableton, I’m using a pretty simple setup. I have a template saved with the following:
• 8 audio tracks, each set to receive Audio in from the digitakt via my soundcard inputs.
• You can eventually name your tracks as they are on the DT: KICK, SNARE, TOM, etc…
• Master tempo set in Live and sending midi clock to Digitak. Digitakt set to receive midi clock.
DT is connected to my laptop with the USB cable. I make sure that audio comes in Live with a peak level of 12db. Usually with the DT master volume at the max.
First I save the template as a new project so the original empty template is kept intact.
I select track 1 in Live, set Monitor to In. Arm the track. On the digitakt I mute all tracks but track 1. Then I record a clip for 5 or 9 bars. Then trim to 2-5 or 2-9 so it loops seamlessly in case there’s some delay or reverb. Once I’ve make sure the loop and levels are good I set Audio to No input.
I do the above for all tracks, add lo/hi-pass filters and effects to each track and do the final arrangement.
Let me know if anything is unclear or if you have any questions.

1 Like

Thanks. And yes I’d love to be able to do it live but it’ll probably require some practice. Unless Song mode comes in an upcoming firmware update. :smile:

Thanks mr.:slight_smile: that’s a nice way to get everything ready and set to record. I will be doing a template too, if saves time.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

1 Like

Love me some Theo and MM. Nice vibes with the track, I can hear what you were going for.
Constructive criticism; The chords and vibes works well, and the arrangement isn’t too bad, though I would try create more build and drama in the track. Mostly the drums feel stiff, specially kick and snare patterns need more variety. Otherwise a nice vibey track

Thanks. Yeah, I see what you mean with the drums, having more changes and variations would probably do good, I need to work a bit more on that.

St. Germainish, funny as I listened to “Boulevard” and “tourist” just yesterday after several years.
Really like it

Thanks. I wish I had a tenth of the talent of St. Germain. Since you mentioned it I had to listen to it, his stuff really hasn’t aged much.

We had his music on “heavy rotation” when I worked in a bar in my “youth”. Damn it’s almost 20years old, and so much more am I. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

LOL. We’re definitely not getting any younger. I went out clubbing for the first time in quite a while last week-end. I was easily the oldest dude there save for the DJ. Good thing is that it’s still more or less the same techno playing.