Things that made you go "holy heck"

Maybe we can post stuff here about things you discovered while messing around on your instrument(s)

I’ll start off with the other day, messing with my monologue

I took the 2 tri waves and put them in sync mode with the second osc at the max octave, put the amp in gate mode and the eg target the pitch of the second osc, it created a sort of resonance without using the actual resonance or cut off.

Now I know that it has to be common knowledge, but I never put it together and now that I have it’s awesome.
I enjoyed the short ans sweet found sound thread, reading people’s ideas. I feel lime this one is a bit more open.

4 Likes

I thought it was really cool when I figured how to make fm sounds on the DT using the lfo.
Making my Ak into a looping hand drum with a contact mic and low bpm was like Xmas. Basically got a new instrument.

When I discovered I could set each audio track of the dt to the same sample but at different pitches also felt like getting a whole new instrument. Polyphony on the DT is a very customizable and rewarding trick.

You should post a sample of the sound you made!

2 Likes

Oh man, you’re right I should ha

1 Like

The lfo on the digitakt in so awesome, it makes a better bit crusher than the actual bit crush built in lol
Also im uploading an example in just a few.

1 Like

De midi loop trick for extra lfo’s !

1 Like

I also learned that the monologue’s plocks the pitch of the 2nd osc to the nearest 100cent
i showed that part towards the end. hope you enjoy. this isn’t pro track i know, just a recording after you inspired me to make an example.

2 Likes

learned how to use a midi sync box