Therapsid MKII

Two 6581 chips…uh oh

1 Like

They also présent thé crazy8?? À 4x acid 8 seq??? Il pretty fan of this brand, i like what they do…

1 Like

I have the first therapsid. Good machine for raw 6581 tones. There is a crazy 8 Too? Wow

2 Likes

MK2 looks and sounds amazing on that video

1 Like

I had an acid 8 mk2 i sold it At the price i paid for it for partial found of a trip. Will take another one when i’ll back for sure

1 Like

Or this therapsid…

Oh man, this is so fucking tasty. Pardon my French.

2 Likes

Love the quick assignment of the 3X LFOs on the MK1
MK2 w/ the CV LFO overrides… brilliant!
So dirty with the dual chip.

On my list!

1 Like

Sounds delicious! Looks better than the MK1
I am thinking of the DT + the Therapsid

I just checked the manual, almost everty parameter is controllable via external gear.

3 Likes

Considering this as a module for AK’s CV track.

It’s got what I want… lots of modulation, patch memory, a multi-mode filter, CV/Gate input, additional CV inputs (LFO override), a bunch of knobs, a unique sound, enough OSCs for chords from monophonic note input.

Fat Mode 3 with the second chip is so gnarly.

You can assign multiple destinations to the LFO (and therefore the LFO override CV inputs) !

2 Likes

Jeez I also have an AK. Thanks for feeding the gas monster. Fat mode is what’s selling me.

2 Likes

Did anyone pick one of these up?

Yes, I got one. Put two 8580s in it, and I’m absolutely loving it. I just posted this in the other Twisted Electrons thread, but as of today, Alex announced the TherapKID, which is a smaller, all digital SID synth. It seems to have the character, but obviously less of the unwanted noise. I may get it too.

2 Likes

Just when you thought you were done they bring you back in

2 Likes

:smiley: That’s how it works. I’m actually cutting down a bit in my main setup, but I’m liking the idea of a miniature setup made up of Twisted Elektron synths, a KMix, and a nice case. Kind of a portable chip-tune studio if you will…

2 Likes

Is this the best modern SID option out there?

How does it stack up against the Sidstation?

I think sammich sid is better as a sid style synth. Therapsid is more like a basic 3 osc monosynth, but maybe not that c64 in vibe and sound.

1 Like