The Virus TI2 desktop made me sell all my synths

I used to have a TI, maybe I will get one again some day. I remember when it first came out, and the TI part didn’t work, crashed all the time etc. Loved the synth and the sound though.

I got mine a month ago. It‘s such a awesome machine. The plan was to buy a Virus and then a peak. But since I got the virus I don’t need the peak anymore. Octatrack sequencing the virus, such a awesome combo.
But still want a Virus ti 3…

1 Like

Why is it so expensive, so many years after its release?

How much did it cost when it was first released? Did it drop in value at all?

MSRP in the US was something like $2800.

2 Likes

I have a TI and I’ve not been able to sequence it with the OT. My OT keeps sending CCs that modify the patches on the TI even when all tracks are muted and no tracks contain a trig. It’s baffling to say the least.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to switch off the MIDI out from the OT’s audio tracks.

5 Likes

It’s still a great machine. I do wish they’d implemented a standalone editor though. The 3rd party editors don’t really cut it for me.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not in my „studio“ right now. How does your setup look like? Just a Octatrack midi out to Virus midi in? Have you tried different settings on the ot midi setup?

Woah.

That’s been done. One would also think that mutes would mute any and all data. I need to open a ticket with support. It’s odd.

Yes it’s just that simple. I’ve never seen anything like this before and I’ve been at this for close to 25 years.

Retail for the Virus TI2 desktop recently dropped to $1999 in the US. They can regularly be found used for about $1600 or so.

Actually I’ve seen many TI2 desktop as low as 800€ these days…

How are the c againt the ti excet vst ??

The c is worth its weight in gold imho it’s very stable and deep and just works right out of the box and has plenty of options.

2 Likes

The C is nice, but the advanced osc features of the TI are really awesome.

1 Like

Congratulations!
I’d love to find one device to make me sell all my other synths.
I don’t like owning too much somehow. But didn’t find the one solution yet :slight_smile:

I felt the same way when I first got mine you will def get over it… don’t get me wrong it’s amazing! but after a couple years virus def has its own sound like every synth does you will prob go back to something analog lol

1 Like

Still got my Gotharman Anamono X for my analog fix :wink: Analog synths need to step their game up. I think I’m only mostly interested in hybrid digital analogs synths with some form of FM now.

3 Likes